We've had a lot going on over here at the Jenkins' house (more posts coming soon), but today I realized that it's been almost 2 weeks since I picked up my camera. I've been feeling like a bad mom lately- feeling like I don't enjoy my kids like I should. I feel like I'm constantly breaking up fights and dealing with screaming and arguing. But today was nice. Today I took my girls to their very first Mommy & Me activity of the year. I used to go all the time with Madi, but then the outings just became more work than fun. And I got tired of the same activities, the long lines, the large groups of kids, etc, etc. But today was fabulous- the weather was incredible (high 70's), it wasn't very crowded, and we only had to wait in line once (and not for very long). The girls loved it all! They got balloons, played with bubbles, did lots of coloring (one of Madi's all time favorite things to do), made necklaces and bracelets, did sticker art, painted with marbles, and got to see a bunch of their friends- all in just 2 hours!! I had to laugh after I packed all our stuff into the car to head home. I looked back at Madi and Elle and it seriously looked like a circus back there with all their balloons, necklaces, and projects. I so needed this time spent with my girls today. My goal is to come up with something fun and different (other than our regular outings- the park, pool, library, and store) every week that I take my girls to and just enjoy being with them. 
4 comments:
Fun balloons! I love how "red baby" and I am guessing the other one is named purple baby, tagged along for all of the fun! That sounds like quite the activity.
Hope things calm down in the Jenkins house...but, as I have discovered, we just adapt to the craziness until it seems normal, and then we add something/someone else to make it crazy again. It's a vicious cycle, that I'm not sure will ever end. Well, we are done adding more of our own people to the craziness, but they seem to add more chaos, the older they get! I'm still not sure about having Brittany in Young Women's in 2 Months, and middle school in a few weeks!
How fun! I love that first picture! So sad I couldn't come now - Shannon had a doctor's appointment. Love to see your happy girls!
We loved getting out too! Looks like you made another stop at the balloon ladies to get flowers! Glad your girls had fun.
The are gorgeous! It was fun to play!!! I'm glad you got the missing balloon hat replaced. That was a close call ;)
Post a Comment