Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here we go again!

We dropped Spencer off at the airport this afternoon and said our goodbyes- again (and of course, I cried- again) knowing that this time it's gonna be almost 5 weeks till we're reunited. This will be the longest separation to date. I'm feeling anxious, overwhelmed, and emotional, while also excited and empowered. I've never packed ourselves before. Spencer did everything when we moved from Pleasant Grove (I was teaching full-time while he'd just graduated), then my mom and Spencer pretty much did everything when we moved from Burbank (I'd just had a new baby), and my mom took over again when we moved out of here the first time (Spencer was in the thick of Bar preparation and I was- well, inexperienced)! But now I have no choice. Ya, my mom and dad will be out here at the very end to help, but the majority of the packing this time is gonna be all me! Luckily, we got back last night (had a fabulous time in Williamsburg- post coming soon) so I had Spencer's help today. We mostly just did pictures (something I don't like to do till the very end, but I have a feeling staring at blank walls everyday will motivate me with the packing), but we also got a couple of other boxes finished and taped up. I've got a good packing plan to hopefully keep me on track (I hate the crazy rush at the end)- only 23 days till moving day! But we're mostly looking forward to the even bigger countdown- 32 days till we see Spencer again. It's gonna be tough, but I know the girls and I can do it. I have to admit, I do feel like Supermom when it's just me and I have to do it all. It forces me to be on the top of my game. But we're definitely gonna be missing Spencer. I love the pictures he always leaves on Madi's white board- here's our little family (growing a little bit bigger:), anxious to be reunited on October 12th!!

10 comments:

Marisa said...

Is this an announcement?!! Or did I miss it somewhere? (Which is very possible since I am usually nonexistent in blogland.) Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Super exciting!

Heidi said...

Is this an announcement or did I miss it on another post? Either way, congrats!!

Summer said...

Look at you sneaking in such exciting news in the last sentence of your post ;-) CONGRATS on expanding into a family of FIVE!!! When is your due date?

Anie said...

Thanks guys- way to catch on to my subtlety. :) I've got the "official" announcement post coming soon. Due date is Mach 27th!!

Popi and CeCe said...

Whoopee! Congrats to you all!

JoSue said...

Ha! Love the picture. Congratulations on baby #3!! I think you got a little Spencer Jr. in there. I just feel it. :)

We'll pray that you have energy to get through all the packing and preparing in the next 32 days. You can do it!!! Lots of love from Texas. xoxo

The McKinstry Family said...

Congrats Anie!!! That is soooo exciting:) how are you feeling? If you need help packing one night, I can come over... I've done plenty of moves:)

Julie Dalley said...

Congratulations Anie!! I can't believe you're on your 3rd, and I'm only on my first still!! So crazy. I hope you are feeling well and don't be doing any lifting!!

Andrew said...

ah, i see what you mean.
spencer can get a weekend job as a street portrait artist.

chaoyi

sylvia said...

Woohoo, another Jenkins cutie is on the way! Congratulations!!