SO in love with Elle right now. I know I've said it before, but I absolutely LOVE this age. Two year olds are just so darn cute- the way they run, their squishy little bodies, their language, their sweet little voices, their diaper bums, their innocence.
And I'm also in love with this dress that my grandma made for me when I was two. It looked adorable on Madi and it looks adorable on Elle. Thanks Grandma- love you!
Conversations with Elle are the best right now. And she really does carry on complete conversations- sometimes she'll go off on random tangents that leave me busting up laughing, but for the most part she's always got something to add. She's always saying the cutest things, talks up a storm, always speaks in full sentences, but still has those words that don't sound just right or that you can't understand all the way- and it's so stinkin adorable.

She's definitely my happy-go-lucky child. She's easy to please (well, unless she has her mind set on something else), and not as dramatic as the older sis. For example- we were out on a nature walk this afternoon and Elle was excitedly running up and down the sidewalk collecting leaves. While running she tripped, fell, got up and then kept on laughing. Later at home, with a blanket over her head (being really silly and laughing), Elle walks right into an open drawer. She pauses for a minute, peaks out, and then walks around the drawer. Then tonight she sat down to the table for dinner and right before the prayer she bonks her head. Instead of making a complete scene (what I'm very accustomed to with #1), she just rubbed her forehead while Madi said the prayer. It really is refreshing when there's so much other drama I deal with on a daily basis.

I really need to write down some of Elle and I's conversations, but lately they're always at times when I've got nothing to write with- and I forget so easily these days. It makes me extra mad about my flip video camera breaking back in July. I hate not having the hundreds of cute moments saved- and our "real" video camera isn't as easy to have on hand.
Many of Elle's conversations lately are about her dad- who she misses oh so very much. I was packing up some family photos and an old blog book that had a huge picture of Spencer on the front page. Elle ran to the book yelling, "My daddy, my daddy!! I wanna see my daddy!" She spent the next minute or so caressing Spencer's picture while talking about how much she loves and misses her dad.

Elle loves wearing this shirt and telling me how she's "Daddy's lil sunshine!"
While Elle is very happy and easy going, she's also very strong willed and always sticks up for herself. I've been told on many occasions about how Elle "fought off the boys in nursery". While gripping the object of attraction (whatever it is the boys are trying to get), she'll scream with so much power and vigor that she shakes, and tells them "NO" or to "GO AWAY"! Since I'm not in nursery I've never got to experience it firsthand, but I can only imagine- since she's done the same thing to Madi before. It's a little scary, pretty humorous, and very effective (so I've been told).

Her hair is getting so long!! I've got to figure out what to do with it.
For the times that I have had to get after Elle (and surprisingly I do quite a bit because she'll fight back with Madi- push if Madi pushes, pull hair if Madi pulls hair, etc), it's hard to stay upset for long. Cause in her cutest, pouty/sad voice she'll tell me, "Don't say stop it." or "I not naughty." Oh, it just melts my heart and I usually end up pulling Elle in for a snuggle to explain why I got upset and why it makes me so sad when she and Madi fight.

I know there's more I wanted to document on Elle (again, I gotta be better about writing it down as soon as I think of it), but for now I just want to add how great of an imagination she has. Elle plays wonderfully by herself and is a dream when we're at home alone. I've been getting some great packing done in the mornings, while Elle engrosses herself with her babies, ponies, and dollhouse. And she's a fabulous "cleaner upper" (if that's even what you'd call someone who's wonderful at picking up toys with and/or without being asked) afterwards.
Love you baby girl. Please don't grow up and change too much!

Showing off her "beautiful dress" some more!

4 comments:
Perfect post, I love it! Elle will treasure every word when she gets older. Your girls are soooo beautiful.
love elle! she looks so much like you ann- when you were little- I know she always has, but really, she's like your little clone! Some serious bunderson genes running through you, her, and sammy! love it! she is adorable! miss that little girl!
I love the picture of her in the rain boots! I can't get over how well she talks and how adorable it is! We love you Elle!!
Anie, do you have any pictures in that dress as a little girls to post? It would be fun to see.
WOW. Shes adorable!!!!! the way her hair grows is the only part of her that looks like Madi to me! I cant believe shes TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where has the time gone!!!!! If youre stopping in Dallas on the way to CA, im coming to visit you. I dont care how much of a party crasher I am.=)
Post a Comment