Moving at the beginning of the month made for a very busy December. I found myself feeling guilty that during the month where I ought to be thinking more of others and finding opportunities for my kids to be doing service, I've been homebound- getting unpacked just thinking about all the things I need to do and get to set up our new home.
It was a crazy Christmas weekend (more coming on that later) with a sick husband and then a puking daughter. Cleaning up vomit the day after Christmas was definitely the quickest way of moving on after the holiday. Last night I was completely exhausted and sleep deprived after being up for most of the night, starting the first of 7 loads of laundry at 1am, and and then completely sanitizing the house later that day. It felt incredible to get a full, uninterrupted night of sleep last night with a happier, healthier daughter this morning.
But before I document Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I thought I ought to include a bit of the fun that we had earlier in the month:




December 10th we got our Christmas tree. Love that we were able to go in short sleeves with light jackets! The girls were super excited to come home and put on the lights and decorations- they were great helpers this year.
After getting our Christmas tree, we headed off for the annual Camarillo Christmas parade. I haven't been to a parade in ages and really enjoyed myself. Elle and Madi were tons of fun- waving to everyone, clapping super loud, and yelling "Merry Christmas!!" I especially loved how Elle even got her baby in on the waving action.
Our front row seats that got even better once we moved across the street into the island where the sun was out of our eyes. Have I mentioned how much I love Camarillo weather!!?

The girls were most excited about seeing this guy:

December 15th Santa came to Madi's preschool class. I didn't go, but I was told how when Santa asked Madi what she wanted for Christmas she told him all about her "huge list" at home. Nice- I've got the greedy child! The next day was her class' Christmas party, so Elle and I joined at the end to decorate gingerbread cookies and then hear Madi and her classmates sing their Christmas songs. Adorable- I got it all on video.

December 17th was Camarillo 2nd wards Christmas party. I've never been in a ward that throws parties to the extreme like the 2nd ward does and I was super excited to go. Lindsay, Shaun and their kids had gotten into town Tuesday night so it was extra fun for my girls to be there with their cousins. The party was based on the book/movie "Polar Express". All the kids came in their jammies and got picked up by the polar express train after dinner. They were taken to a gated area where the "conductor" of the train (Bishop Evans) read the story of Polar Express and then talked to them about the meaning of Christmas.

Then they got to line up to see Santa who gave them the first gift of Christmas- a bell. It was such a great idea, amazingly decorated and had the best hot cocoa and dessert stations!
I love how excited my girls both were about seeing Santa. You can't tell from the pictures, but they could barely contain their excitement from across the stage. Elle was waving and yelling, "Hi Santa!" And then as soon as they made it across the stage, Madi jumped right up for a huge hug!



December 23rd we met up with mom, dad, and the Terry family to go see the lights on Gemini street. The girls have been enamored by all the Christmas lights this year- commenting on our "boring house", asking when we're gonna put up our lights. Shoot! So it was definitely a treat!
Madi got to ride over in the scout with Grandpa Al, Kaitlyn, and Eric- making it extra special for her.

The whole gang:

One of my favorite houses:

Madi's favorite:

Elle's been completely obsessed with the Grinch this year. She asks to watch "the naughty movie" (which is the Grinch who stole Christmas) every single day. So when she saw this house (below) she totally freaked out and wanted to go back several times (hence why so many pictures):



Overall it was a fun month of December. We've enjoyed being close to family and sharing these memories with them!


No comments:
Post a Comment