
Saint Patrick's Day date out with dad!
Madi and Elle love spending time with their Daddy and I know how much Spencer loves being with his girls. About 2 weeks ago (a day or two after daylight savings) Madi slept in till 8am and so Spencer was already out of the shower and almost ready for work by the time Madi wandered into our bedroom. The girls wake Spencer up pretty much every morning so Madi was a little distraught about Spencer already being up and ready. In a sad little voice she asks, "Are you already done with snuggle time?"
Of course Spencer immediately stopped what he was doing and took time to snuggle with Madi and hear all about her dreams.
I'm so grateful for a husband who's completely involved in the lives of our daughters. They always want to be with him and await with great anticipation their weekly daddy daughter time. Actually the girls are currently both out on a date with Spencer as I type this. They'll do different things every week but it's mostly just the "being with dad" that they love so much! Not only does Spencer take them out on regular dates, but their play time at home is also a favorite- they'll wrestle, build with legos, read stories, tell stories, play hide-and-go-seek, ride on Spencer's back around the house as he's on all fours, etc. etc.
It's been a lot of fun for me to watch Spencer's relationship with the girls and now I'm anxious to see how a father/son relationship is the same or different. Spencer's full of praise and compliments for Madi and Elle- always telling them how beautiful and wonderful they are (definitely something that all girls need). And the girls totally eat it up. I find that after they get dressed, do their hair, or make some type of project, they're most excited to show it to daddy. I love it! And in just 3 short days we get to start figuring out how the dynamics of a little boy is going to change and shape our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment