Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Shower!

What a FUN day it was today!! A perfect day for a shower- literally!! This morning I woke up to gray skies, pouring rain . . . and Madi singing! I hopped on my elliptical while Spencer got up and took off with the girls for shamrock doughnuts at Rolling Pin! While they were gone I got ready for my shower!!

My sweet friends, Alexis and Lauren, wanted to throw me baby shower and this weekend happened to be the best day for everyone! As Alexis said, "It's so much fun having a shower on a holiday." Everything was green and beautiful! Alexis' home is amazing- so warm and inviting! Since it was a rainy day, a fire was appropriate- adding to the serene, cozy environment.
You can't see the sign very well, but it says, "Welcome Baby Jenkins"
They sent it home with me so we can hang it when they baby arrives!


Not the best picture of me (looking very huge and prego next to my tall skinny friend), but Lauren took the group pic posted below and I wanted to make sure she made my baby shower documentation.

Not only did the house look gorgeous, but the food was incredible!! Lauren and Alexis slaved away on the most amazingly delicious brunch- croissant ham & cheese sandwiches (seriously melted in your mouth), amazing salads, a fruit platter and dip, banana bread, pies, a pound cake & berry trifle dessert, and a yummy green punch! I have some really good cooks for friends, and hopefully will be adding all their recipes to my cookbook!

What wonderful friends I have here in Camarillo!! Big thanks to all those who were able to come and for all the fabulous gifts! Our baby now has his "coming home" outfit, favorite blankie (or what I think will be the special one), binkies, bath towels, baby wash, washcloths, the best swaddling blankets, some toys, books, diapers, and lots of clothes (including his very first tie!!). SO fun! Only ten days left till due date!!

2 comments:

Terry Family said...

Looks like fun! So sad I couldn't be there. :(

martyrudd said...

Anie, you are the queen of posting...I can't believe you went right home and blogged about your shower. Way to be OTB!! It looked like a fun party with great friends:)

And yes...your belly is huge. Can't wait to get my hands on this chubby little Jenkins boy!!

xoxoLove you