 |
| Calvin wore the blessing suit his Great Grandma Rudd made for his Uncle Clark 29 years ago. It fit Cal like a glove! |
Calvin was blessed this past Sunday in our ward. Spencer gave a beautiful blessing- one which caused me to get teary-eyed. He said Cal started to cry in the blessing, but I never heard a thing. The spirit was really strong. My dad recorded the blessing, but I guess a sister in the ward (haven't figured out who yet) also wrote down as much as she could and gave it to my mom after church. It was sweet to read those blessings that were given to Cal. I look forward to getting the whole thing written out. I was glad that we chose to bless him at church and on fast Sunday- my heart was very full and it was nice to be able to share my testimony afterwards (something I rarely, if ever, do). I shared of the love our Heavenly Father has for us, His desire for us to come to Him in prayer, and drawing closer to Him with our daily scripture study. It'd been an emotional few weeks for me- feeling exhausted and overwhelmed with all the demands of motherhood, but I'd had several experiences during the previous week that had strengthened my testimony of our Heavenly Father's love for all of us.
After sacrament meeting I headed home with Elle and Cal. Elle had woken up Saturday morning with what I thought might be the start of pink eye. I was able to get ahold of the on call doctor that evening and got her started on medicine, but I didn't think it'd be a good idea for her to go to nursery. After everyone else got back to the house, I of course requested a photo shoot. After living across the country, we realize what a blessing it is to have both sets of grandparents at special events like this!
 |
| Boppi and Grandpa Al |
 |
| Gram and Papa |
 |
| What beautiful Grandmas Cal has! |
 |
| Three generations |
 |
| Cal was such a little man in his blessing suit! |
 |
| I was completely shocked that we actually got a semi-decent family photo! |
 |
All three of my children were done taking pictures by this point!!
After the photo shoot we enjoyed a delicious meal of tri-tip, homemade rolls, watermelon, green beans, pretzel jello salad, and topped off with strawberry shortcake for dessert. Everything was heavenly- a perfect meal for the occasion.
|
Then at 3pm my mom and dad loaded up the car,
and our girls, and headed home to Brentwood! More coming on that later!
2 comments:
Gram is looking at this post with Madi and Elle and Elle keeps saying..."that's my daddy and mommy" with a little cry and laugh in her voice!! xoxox
After looking at the pics with the girls I was able to go back and read the post. I can't believe I started crying just remembering the event. Your testimony was so touching and I too felt the spirit. Beautiful blessing for a handsome little man:) xoxox
Post a Comment