Our favorite time of the day is (the very short window) when he's awake, happy, and wanting to play. We all gather around to watch his smiles (seriously heart melting), hear his laughs (he laughed for the first time on the 24th at home, alone with me- it was adorable!) and coos (love watching his mouth trying to form different sounds), and enjoy his sweet personality.
Calvin definitely seems to very strong-willed, but we do remember Elle at this stage- she was exactly the same way and ended up totally mellowing out. I think we'll see more of his personality this coming month, once he gets into a good schedule.
![]() |
| Cal in his blessing suit at 6 weeks |
A few things about Calvin this past month:
* He seems to be a mama's boy- I'm usually the only one that can make it all better.
* He's a big eater (and has been from day one), A few things about Calvin this past month:* He seems to be a mama's boy- I'm usually the only one that can make it all better.
* He's a big eater (and has been from day one), he eats super fast (like one side in 3-5 minutes) and every 2 to 3 hours.
* He may be a fast eater, but the burping takes forever! And I can't lay him down until he's burped or he'll just wake back up.
* He loves his gym time- has great concentration focusing on the black and white strips.
* Surprisingly doesn't cry for tummy time (both our girls hated it)! Sometimes after I've fed him and he starts acting really fussy and uncomfortable, I'll lay Cal on his tummy and he calms right down.
* Cal loves to be held and snuggled. I love this, but I also can't handle always having a baby in my arms. I refuse to carry him around around 24/7. He's usually in his swing or gym when awake at home or the car seat when we're out. But truthfully a great deal of the day is spent trying to get him to sleep. So we're constantly bouncing, rocking, and swinging him.
* He's got some very serious faces, but if you tell him he's handsome or smile real big in his face, he'll reward you with the biggest smile ever!
* His hair keeps getting lighter and lighter. Earlier in the month it looked like he might be loosing hair, but then we noticed how many of those dark pieces are just turning super blonde.
* Just weighed him today and according to our home scale, he's 13 pounds!
* Just weighed him today and according to our home scale, he's 13 pounds!
As for Calvin's current sleep schedule- it's all over the place right now, especially since Im trying to move his bedtime up. For the first 6 weeks of life, 8:30pm was his last feeding. Then Spencer would burp, swaddle, and lay him down. He'd be asleep by 9pm then up to eat at 1:30 or 2am, back down by 3am, then up at 5 or 6am to eat. It actually worked pretty nicely, except for the fact that I wasn't getting any "me" time at night. I'd try to get to bed once Calvin was layed down so that his longest stretch of sleep was my longest stretch of sleep too.
![]() |




3 comments:
Such a cute little guy! Can't wait to snuggle him and see his cute smiles...just 16 more days!!
just think, in a month your life will be so much easier! He is absolutely adorable! Can't wait to meet him!
Such a cutie! Can't wait to hold him again!
Post a Comment