Monday, August 27, 2012

5 months old

This past month was a busy one. We did lots of traveling- with a trip up north at the beginning of the month and then a whole day (12 1/2 hours) in the car going to Utah on Saturday. Cal's quite a good little traveler.

Some of the highlights of the month include:
-meeting 2 uncles and 4 aunts
-got a new jump up, but he has yet to jump in it though
-takes binky in and out
-sleeps rolled over on left side, holding onto blanket with right hand pressed against his face
-For 3 weeks Cal only pooped once a week. Each Friday he'd have a massive blow-out and then nothing the rest of the week. But then we started solids on the 7th and that first week Cal pooped 3 times! I guess that's all it took. I wanted to wait on starting food, but Cal seemed so hungry all the time. By day 2 of solids he was a total pro!

- First time in the ocean. Usually Cal falls asleep nursing and stays in the shade of an umbrella or his car seat. This time he got to experience the water. Little too cold for his liking. I also took him swimming for the first time on the 10th. Dunked him under and everything and he wasn't even phased by it!

- Graduated to the seat side of the bath tub. 

- First time in the swings at the park. 

Love LOvE LOVE this little guy!!!

1 comment:

The Days of your Life said...

So cute! I can't believe I haven't met him yet!!!!!