Tuesday (July 31st) Karlee, the kids, and I made the trek from Camarillo to Brentwood. Even though it's a drive I'm gonna get used to doing alone, it was super nice having another adult to help me out along the way. I had two full days to play in Brentwood before leaving for our "Sisterfest". It's always nice to be home and have lots of help with the kids (and constant entertainment)! I was able to run my 5 miles in the morning, and spend individual time with each kid. Wednesday morning I took the girls to a splash park while Cal napped and in afternoon I went shopping alone with Madi. We went to Babies R Us and got Calvin a new jump-up and mobile (he had $75 in gift cards to use from his baby shower). It was fun to have Madi help me pick out what she thought Calvin would like. I loved how she fell in love with the lambie mobile and wanted to sit in the squishy, pink rocking chair. It's just so fun getting to have one-on-one time with my kids (doesn't happen often)- I always love our conversations. Thursday Bobby and Amy flew in. Madi and Elle were in absolute heaven with all the aunt/uncle attention. We had a belated birthday dinner for Bob followed by cake and ice cream. Madi felt special because we told her that when Uncle Bobby saw pictures of her butterfly birthday cake, that's what he wanted for his birthday dessert too!
Friday morning Tisha and Jo flew in, and mid afternoon all us "big girls" (plus Calvin) took off for the "mountains" (that's where Madi kept saying we were going). Madi and Elle stayed behind with Uncle Jeremy, Uncle Bobby, and Papa (Spencer flew in Friday night). While us girls were away, the boys sure knew how to play. They drove into San Fransisco on Saturday, went to Bubba Gump Shrimp for lunch, rode the carousel, and then got a baby-sitter in the evening so they could go see the new Batman movie! Here's a few iphone pics to document their fun:
It was a fun weekend for everyone! Madi, Elle and Cal were the only kids around the entire weekend so they really were spoiled rotten with attention. And one of my favorite things is seeing them being adored by grandparents, aunts, and uncles, so it was definitely a treat for me!





1 comment:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.... Dad's assistant at work (who doesn't have any kids) saw a recent pic of Calvin and she said..."YUM!!"
Thanks for posting this event, Anie!! We can always count on you:) xoxox
Post a Comment