Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentines Day

Madi at drop off with her valentine for Mrs. Newton. Wish I would have taken a picture of the card she wrote. I think she wrote "I love you" like 5 times and said something about promising to never miss a day of school. It was super cute.

This year for Valentines Day we got the girls new outfits (don't usually do gifts, but I'd been out shopping and found a great deal).
Madi loved her new outfit and actually stayed in it all day (usually changes as soon as she's home from school and once or twice before). She's quite the poser and loves being in front of the camera.

 Elle of course changed multiple times before the day was over, but at least ended up in valentine wear. She also loves to have her picture taken, but mostly just because she gets sick of Madi wanting the spotlight. I believe she was trying to run away from Madi here to get a picture all by herself.

I was actually scheduled to work in Madi's classroom Valentine's Day and was really looking forward to it, but then Cal decided to have a terrible night with a high fever and hours of crying (oh the joys of growing teeth). I finally gave him ibuprofen at 4:30am and he slept til 8am. This threw off his schedule and I knew he'd need to go down for a nap right during the time I'd be at centers. So I had Amber go instead and I watched Clarissa.

I was glad to have the girls to celebrate the holiday with. We spent our week reading lots of valentine books, coloring valentine pictures, making boxes for both girls (cause of course Elle had to have one after Madi made hers), delivering goodies to the gals I visit teach, and hand delivering valentines to a couple of Elle's friends.
Love my sweet little valentines - who all decided to go into meltdown mode immediately after snapping this picture:
Once Thursday night rolled around, we were all tired out. Spencer and I spent our Valentine's night doing dishes together and watching Suits- totally romantic! :)

No comments: