Thursday, February 28, 2013

11 months

Our big boy is now 11 months old!! He's still such a sweet little guy. He loves being with people, likes to be held, carted around, and does great out on errands (except when he starts to get tired). But mostly he's just a dream and I'm enjoying every bit of this "baby stage" (it's gonna be over WAY too soon)!
Some things about this past month:
* Teething!! It was terrible this month (high fevers, tons of night wakening, lots of ibuprofen given)! He's now got a whooping 8 teeth (crazy since his sisters didn't get their first until a year old)!
* Cal's got a huge appetite!

* Only nursing in morning, before afternoon nap, and before bed (not sure he's actually getting much- pretty sure it's mostly for comfort).

* Smiles on command (which is awesome for monthly photo shoots) and always has cute smiles for strangers! It's especially cute when he acts all shy and/or embarrassed and cocks his head to the side.
* Terrible sleeping this month- party due to teething, but Cals' definitely been my worst sleeper of the 3.

* Cal rarely plays with toys- he mostly just likes to explore. Climbing on and off Elle's trampoline is a favorite. His sisters like to jump with him, but Cal's not the biggest fan of it.
* Anytime I say "YAY!" Cal claps his hands. I love it!
* Waves anytime I say "bye bye" (another favorite of mine)
* Gets super excited to see his "Dada" and lights up when Spencer walks in the door from work. Cal instantly started waving and saying, "Dada Dada Dada."

* Correctly points to pictures in the book while reading

* Cal walks around furniture now and can stand unassisted for a couple seconds.
* Still takes 2 naps a day: roughly 9:30 - 11am and 2:15 - 4:30pm. Each nap is always at least an hour and a half, but usually two.
Still can't believe we're celebrating his 1st birthday next month!!

1 comment:

martyrudd said...

Cute, cute boy and I love that picture with his smiley, toothy grin. Next time I see him he'll be WALKING!!