Wednesday, November 27, 2013

20 months

Cal's such a love these days! He's talking a ton- finally says "please" and "thank you", snuggles on demand, and knows exactly what to say and/or do to get us all busting up laughing!

A family favorite from the month has been trying to get him to say "I love you." He'll copy us and say, "I... love... u..." and then with a sneaky smile on his face he'll throw his arm up in the air and yell, "Cougars!"

Spencer has trained him well.

The girls were also big instigators of it. They made BYU signs to post around the house so that Cal would say it more. For about a week Cal would walk around the house cheering, "B...Y...U.... Cougars!"
The hardest thing we're still dealing with is his separation anxiety. He always wants to be with me, and despises nursery! I've heard he's made some improvements, but pretty sure we've got a long road ahead of us. Cal also has sharing issues. I had to watch one of his little buddies the other day (who's 3 months younger) and Cal kept freaking out when his friend would touch his toys or if I'd hold or get close to the other boy. It was exhausting and I was getting pretty annoyed at how jealous Calvin was being.

Cal sure does love his Mama though. He currently loves saying "No" to everything we ask:
"Cal, do you want to go outside?"
"No!"
"Do you want a cookie?"
"No!"
Do you want to go read books?"
"No!"
"Do you love Madi?"
"No!" (said with a silly smile and cute laugh once we get into asking about family members)
"Do you love Elle?"
"No!"
"Do you love Daddy?"
"No!"
But then when Spencer or the girls will ask, "Calvin, do you love Mommy?" He'll never say no! He just gets quiet and does a little giggle. He knows he can't say no to that one, even if he is just joking around.

Sure love my sweet little mama's boy!!

1 comment:

Cothran Family said...

I haven't been on blogger forever! I came on to print all my old blogs for Christmas. I was so glad to see you are still blogging! What a DOLL Cal is Anie! He is absolutely adorable! Your family is as cute as ever! Love you cuz
Eliza