Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Joy school - Letter "I"

I taught Elle's little joy school group this morning. I love how we only have to teach once every 7 weeks. It gives me plenty of time to plan something super fun and creative, and even better - it gives me plenty of time to recoup afterwards!
Today I taught the letter "I" and number 9. 

We did writing on white boards, shared books about insects, made insects for snack time (using raisins, craisins, peanuts, silvered almonds, veggie sticks, pretzels, and graham crackers- with peanut butter to help it stick together), made ice cream in a bag, marched with instruments around a tee pee dressed like Indians (while also shaking the ice cream), made igloos out of marshmallows, read "Inch by Inch", made inchworms out of play dough, then used rulers to measure our inchworms. It was quite a jam packed 2 1/2 hours!
I sure love being a part of this joy school group. The kids are adorable, the moms are all amazing, and I love what fun activities Elle gets to do every week!

1 comment:

JeremyandKarlee said...

Have I told you lately that you are amazing? Seriously you are my teaching idol and I hope to one day be just like you!