We sure loved having Papa visit over Halloween weekend. That first night Papa arrived, the girls asked me several times if he would still be here in the morning. Then every night after they'd ask the same question. They were so worried that he was going to have to leave and the fun was gonna end. This first picture was taken right before Papa had to head home - hence Elle's sad face.
No one wanted to leave Papa's side all weekend! He'd go out to his car to make a work call and within a minute or two, his presence was missed. I know a couple times Madi went out and just sat in the car with him. Then she'd offer to sing to him (practicing for her upcoming Christmas program solo) several times before leaving!
On Saturday we hit up the monthly craft project at Home Depot. The girls had a great time and were loving the one-on-one time with Papa and Daddy.My dad is so great with our kids. I'm truly grateful for the special relationship that Madi, Elle and Cal each share with him. But as much as my dad loves his grandkids, I love how aware he is of me and of things that might be stressing me out. Every single visit he finds something to fix and something to help make my life easier. This trip he heard me talking about my frustration with our bike and stroller tires always being low or flat. So he went out and bought me a really cool pump that has a gauge on it so I can check the tire pressure of the stroller and bikes by myself and fill them up as needed! Might sound like such a little thing, but it was a big deal for me! Then he fixed a loose toilet paper holder and a broken dresser drawer (both things Spencer and I never would have gotten around to). To top it off, Dad heard Spencer and I arguing about laundry and how one of Spencer's pet peeve's is when I hang all our wet clothes in the doorways of every room. So dad took Spence with him to Home Depot and got this cool metal rod and fastened it out in the garage across from our washer and dryer. Again, not too hard of a thing, but made a huge difference!! It's made doing laundry so much easier! Oh, and he also got me a step stool - just cause he thinks of everything! Thanks dad for always taking such great care of me!




No comments:
Post a Comment