My handsome man is 23 months old today, and still as sweet as ever (I feel like I always say that - but it's true)! Well... aside from the screaming episode he had a Costco today (couldn't figure that one out- he wanted fruit snacks and my phone and didn't want Elle touching any of it - I was so annoyed)!
He's just at that stage where he says the cutest things in his little munchkin voice. He gets really excited about everything, gives lots of hugs and kisses, and loves copying his sisters.
I know I'll do an update at two, but I had a few pictures to post, so I figured I should include some things he started this month- like:
* Saying "I love you" (started at the beginning of the month).
* Moving up to size 5 diaper - which neither of the girls ever got to.
* Counting (can go up to 20 while leaving out a number here and there)
* Recognizing numbers - one morning we were looking at the weather on my phone (it was 50 degrees), Cal looks at the number and says, "It's a 5!"
* Singing! He'll sing the ABC's (quasi correctly) as well as "I am a Child of God" (but only when Spencer sings along with him), and just started belting out, "Let it gooo!"
Such fun stuff! I also love how he adds "please" and "thank you" to everything. When he's done with a snack and wanting me to take it from him he says, "Mommy, here please" and will just keep saying "here please" until I take it from him.
Calvin's such an obedient little boy. He'll do most everything I ask him except when it comes to brushing his teeth. I have to hold him down every night while he screams bloody murder! A ten second quality brush is considered a success!
I love watching him fall asleep in his car seat on the way home from dropping Elle off at school. This particular day he was actually putting banana into his mouth and chewing while half asleep. I was cracking up watching him and held my phone back to get a picture. Thankfully he moves to his bed easily and always sleeps 2 1/2 hours.One not so great thing this month has been Cal's eating habits. He hates to be forced to sit down and eat (totally refuses the highchair now). He'll usually take a couple bites and then be on the run again. I'm constantly having to pack snacks. I find it easier to let him eat breakfast in the stroller as we run Madi to school in the morning, lunch at the park and/or while we're out running errands before Elle gets dropped off at school (picnics are also a hit), and an afternoon snack on the way to pick Elle up from school at 3pm. Dinner time I force him to sit, or at least try to make sure he's really hungry so he will sit and eat with us. It gets pretty exhausting! Oh, and bibs are now out of the question! At least he's pretty good about leaning over his dish.
Sometimes I just want to freeze time. It's all flying by so quickly. I forever what to remember this stage of life. Sure love our Cal man!








1 comment:
He even looks sweet in his pictures!
Post a Comment