Monday, February 10, 2014

Jenkins Family Love Tree

The girls and I whipped out this beauty Saturday afternoon while Cal napped. I just couldn't stand looking at the bare wall where our Thankful Tree once hung. 
It sure was fun listening to the girls tell me things they love about me (most of which haven't gone up on hearts yet, but I had to write down the ones I really liked). . . .

Madi:
-"I love when you hug me and protect me when I get a shot." (Not sure where that was coming from since they haven't gotten shots since Sept).
-"I love when you dress pretty." (Another one I wasn't away of.)
- "I love when you pick me up from school and ask me my 'high' and 'low' of the day"
- "I love when you take us to the church with you to set up for Primary" (they love playing in the nursery)

Elle:
-"I love when you give me hugs and kisses"
-"I love when you say a prayer so I won't have bad dreams" (I've been having to run into her room in the middle of the night - after a bad dream- to say a prayer with her, even when we always say at least one before she goes to bed).
- "I love when you say a prayer before school so that I won't miss you." (Elle's so sweet and always has to say a prayer before I drop her off at school).

I'm obviously crazy in love with these beautiful kids and awesome husband of mine, but there's a few certain things they do that just make me fall in love all over again, like:
 - Calvin telling all of us, one by one, that he loves us. His cute little voice saying, "I love you mommy" "I love you Elle" "I love you Madi" "I love you daddy" is the sweetest thing ever.
- Elle's hugs at night before going to sleep are the best. She pulls me in tight, squeezes my neck, gives me a big kiss and tells me she loves me. I love it!
- Madi's creative mind blows me away. I love watching her in her element, totally focused, creating the most amazing projects.
- I've always loved Spencer's talent with surprises, but it only seems to get better and better the longer we're married. When we were dating he'd make me lunch in the morning (and not just a weak sauce PB&J like I make him everyday, but the real deal sandwiches- with all the fixings, along with a favorite fruit and a little treat), drive to my house, and leave it on my front porch - all by 6:45am when I would leave for work. I love that these surprises didn't end at the dating stage. Spencer is one to put a lot of time, thought, and research into the gifts he gives me. He loves shopping for me and wants what he gets to be perfect. I love that he loves spoiling me!
- He also writes the best love letters! They're never the sappy, cheesy, embarrassed to read aloud love notes, but rather the honest, straight from the heart, eloquently written, genuine reasons of why he loves me. It's nice to be reminded of my strengths, talents, abilities, and how much I'm loved.
- Calvin's obedient nature is so refreshing. I love how he'll pretty much do whatever you ask him to do (aside from when he'd tired, hungry, or throwing a massive tantrum :)! The other night he'd pulled himself up onto a kitchen chair, gotten all situated with his blanket and monkey, when Spencer asks him to bring him the twistable crayon he's holding. Totally didn't think Calvin would do it, but the next thing I know, Cal's pushing himself off the chair, arms totally weighed down with everything he's holding, walks over to Spencer and hands him the crayon! Awesome!
-Watching my kids play together happily is definitely up there at the top of my "things I love" list! I constantly have to remind the kids of how important this is to me, becasue when it happens, everything just seems to be right in the world!

I could go on and on, but it's late and I'm totally falling asleep as I sit here typing (didn't get my 10 minute "power nap" today - another "thing I love"). I'll have to include more from our "love tree" later on in the month.

Just a couple more pics from our week of Valentine's Day prep . . .

We've been doing some serious Valentine making over here - between Valentines for school, teachers, grandparents, cousins, friends, and family - it's been a busy few days! It sure was fun crafting with the kids (even Cal made a couple). I love seeing what they come up with all on their own. 
Our table looked a lot like this most of the week:
It's good to have it finally feeling like February!
Happy month of LOVE!!

No comments: