Some of the things we were thankful for in 2013 . . .
Spencer: For Elle who always takes such good care of her little brother Calvin. My beautiful wife (and a bunch of other sappy stuff I'm sure he wouldn't want published on here). "Talking pillow" with Elle (something they do at night). For a "beach family"! Listening to Madi sing. Watching train movies with Calvin in the morning. Summer trips to Huntsville. Pancakes hot off the griddle. Morning snuggles from my kids. Picking pole beans in the summertime. BYU cougars! Huge red strawberries. Giant hugs from the kids when I come home from work!
Anie: Great teachers, productive Saturdays, a working car, internet, technology, my phone, 3 kids who love to read, a clean house, showers, good friends who keep me sane when Spencer's away, prayer, the scriptures, church magazines (we love "The Friend")! The temple and being able to go with my husband! A husband who works hard so I can stay home with the kids. For music, paper, an oven, toilet paper, cleaning wipes, windex, and my vacumn (got a new one back in the fall)! For 3 beautiful, healthy kids! Family Home Evening! For electricity (power outage on 11/14 wasn't fun), running water, warm sunshine, Spencer's good job, a strong, healthy body (getting sick on 11/14 made me extra thankful), sisters, and amazing friends who motivate me to be a better mom!
Madi: Boppi and Grandpa Al, my Primary teacher, the gospel, Heavenly Father, Elle, Calvin, and my family. I love Jesus. I love me.
Elle: Jesus, our family, Gram & Papa, Madi, Calvin (wrote this one a couple times), mom and dad, our house, a high chair for Calvin, the park, and beautiful beaches close by. I am thankful for me!
Cal: I'm thankful for my family. For choo choo trains! I love me (girls wrote that one).
Last picture with our thankful tree- taken this morning when Cal walks in and says, "Look Mom! I a King!"
Thinking of filling that now empty spot with a "love tree" of some sort - maybe lots of hearts with things we love about each other.
Thinking of filling that now empty spot with a "love tree" of some sort - maybe lots of hearts with things we love about each other.
Not only did I still have our thankful tree up until now, but I still have 3 pumpkins out on the front porch (we didn't carve them this year - the kids painted with friends instead, so there didn't seem a need to throw them out:)!
Oh, and can't forget Madi's "Leaf man" that's been hanging since October!
And the beautiful holly she made in December to help adorn our front door!
(If you look closely, you can see one of our pumpkins on the porch.)
Then there's the lovely snow globe , snow flake, snow man, and Flip & Flop to try in the winter months (recycled the snow globe this afternoon and replaced it with a beautiful flowers and vase that Elle made at joy school this morning)!
Oh, and can't forget our Christmas cards - which I'll probably leave up for another month. It's just too hard to part with all these beautiful people that we love and care for.
So basically, I've got decorations from October through February displayed in my house at the current moment! Awesome!
Sure love all these decorations! No need to invest lots of money into decorations for our house, when the kids can make stuff I like even better! But I probably ought to update things a bit!
I'll have to post a pic of the gorgeous flowers Spencer surprised me with on Monday! It made for a perfect decoration for February! What a sweet, thoughtful husband I have!






1 comment:
We still have a pumpkin on our porch too! And you already know that I keep Christmas cards on our fridge all year round. :)
Post a Comment