I loved our churches' initiative this year of Lighting the World and having a focus for every day until Christmas. It helped keep me organized and focused on the real meaning of the season. We brainstormed ideas of good deeds we would like to do . . .
Then I had the kids make their own lists which I put on our white board. Every morning I would write the focus for the day. It felt good leaving the house with a plan each day.
The letter writing supplies on every table was a big hit for my kids!
Our holiday piano recital was December 3rd.
Elle played "Hark How the Bells" and "O Christmas Tree"
Madi played "Oh Holy Night" with an intro that she had arranged herself.
It was beautiful!
I love the opportunity it gives my kids to visit with the residents at the healthcare center.
And to join together in singing.
We picked up our Christmas Tree later that afternoon of the 3rd. I really just want to go fake in the future. It's just so much work and money to get a real one every year.
The tree was fully decorated by kids this year (aside from the lights Spencer and I strung).
Madi's violin concert was December 6th. This was her last month in the beginning violin group. Her teacher moved her up to intermediate the next class after the concert.
Unfortunately Madi got sick the day after her concert with a fever, then sore throat, then chills and achy body so she missed the next time they met for class, and didn't find out about moving up to intermediate until a week later - just before Christmas break.
The Camarillo Christmas Parade was December 10th
The parade was the same day as the Stake Christmas Choir - which performed Saturday and Sunday night. Madi still wasn't feeling great and didn't have much of a voice, so it was just Elle performing from our family. I dropped out after about 3 practices because the adult choir was just getting too big and I didn't feel like I was needed.
Elle was beautiful up there and sang like an angel. I loved sitting in the audience and watching her.
Madi drew her buddy Elena's name for her Activity Days secret Santa. It seemed like a lot more work and just "one more thing" to have to come up with gifts during the week to drop off at her house, but I know Madi loved the excitement of it.
Elle was beautiful up there and sang like an angel. I loved sitting in the audience and watching her.
Madi's band concert was December 13th. I think she's glad to be done with the flute. Three instruments was a bit much these past 3 months.
Calvin's school holiday party and last day of school for the 2016 year was on the 15th.
Calvin is such a sweet boy and all his teachers absolutely adore him.
The girls holiday parties were the next day on the 16th. They contributed to group gifts for their teachers and then brought some holiday bread with our family Christmas card as a personal gift.
I donated zip lock bags and cuties for Elle's class party, but got to help with centers in Madi's class party since it was first thing in the morning and Spence could stay home with the boys for an hour.
I really miss helping in the classroom. I haven't gotten to work in any of my kids classes this year since James is still at a tricky age. I look forward to getting more involved next year. I helped with the center of Madi's party that made scarves.
I loved seeing Madi's organized desk and that she had saved the note I had written her way back at the beginning of the school year.
With the busyness of the season, we still found time to have fun.Madi drew her buddy Elena's name for her Activity Days secret Santa. It seemed like a lot more work and just "one more thing" to have to come up with gifts during the week to drop off at her house, but I know Madi loved the excitement of it.

Once school was out, we were able to meet up with Lindsay and borrow snow clothes for our upcoming Utah trip. I felt so much better once everyone was outfitted in snow gear. Made me more excited for our trip (I hadn't been excited at all up to this point).
I'll save the rest of our month of December for another post. Stay tuned for Christmas Eve and Christmas day celebrating!















































No comments:
Post a Comment