Tuesday, November 29, 2016

9 months

Height: 2 feet 4 in. 
Weight: 18 lb 7.2 oz

This was a big month for James! 
* He grew his 2 bottom teeth! His first tooth (bottom right) broke through at the beginning of November. It caused lots of night wakening, and lots of tired nights for mama.
*He's moving around a lot more - rolling everywhere, scooting backwards on tummy, etc. He just started pulling up - before getting into the bathtub, and at the train table. He also gets up onto his knees and rocks.  SO close to crawling!
* He eats so much more now. I let him try pretty much everything (bread, cheese, meats, even whipped cream and ice cream this month), but still feed him baby food 3 times a day. It's just nice to be able to hand him a cracker while we're on the go. He's cut way back on nursing. I nurse him about 4 times a day - in the morning, before afternoon nap, before bed and then once in the night.
* He has been taking only one good nap a day. If we have errands in the morning he'll take a short cat nap in the car, then sleeps for 2 hours in his bed about 12:30-2:30pm. When he takes a morning nap (he's usually ready to go down by 9:30, then he'll sleep till 11:30), I usually just take him to run errands with me after dropping Calvin off at school at noon. It's been tricky to schedule. I like to get a break in the day, and really would like it sometime between 12 and 2:30 (when Cal's in school and before I pick up the girls), but a lot of days it just doesn't work out how I plan. 
* James got his first non-flowbee haircut this month. 
James is such an easy going baby. He's a very quiet baby and doesn't really babble at all. He usually just sits and observes and cries only when tired or hungry. I'm really trying to savor every minute with our sweet little guy at this sweet, perfect age. 

No comments: