Wednesday, March 29, 2017

13 months

At 13 months James has entered the giant baby/tiny toddler phase. He's into everything - opening drawers, pulling stuff out of cupboards, wanting to explore, touch, taste, learn . . . .
While it's super exhausting and frustrating at times (especially when I'm in a hurry, or needing to help another kid, or trying to get ready to go somewhere), James is just so sweet and innocent. Somedays I throw a blanket out back and I just hang out with James, and try to see the world through his eyes. 
I love watching him point at the airplanes, touch the blades of grass, feel the rocks in his hand, listen to the sounds of nature. I've been trying to make an effort to find more time in my day to just slow down and enjoy this stage of life with my babe! It truly is magical and is going to be over before I know it. 
After church nap! 
James is adored by all who see him. Anywhere we go he's always waving and blowing kisses to everyone. He's walking along furniture and can stand unassisted for a second or two at a time, but is still just crawling everywhere. He said "Bob" this month (referring to our bird) but aside from mama and dada, that's all the talking he's done. He's been going to nursery on Sundays all month and is doing great! Oh how we love our sweet babe!!

No comments: