Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Madi's New Bed!



For the past 3 1/2 months Madilyn has been sleeping in her beautiful cradle made especially for her by her Grandpa Al. She was beginning to get a little big for it though. At night she would flail her arms and hit the sides of the cradle, waking herself up. So we decided that we better get her a bigger bed. We ordered a crib last month but they told us it would take 10-12 weeks to get her. We were very surprised and happy to get a phone call on Friday (just 3 weeks after ordering it) saying that our crib had arrived! So Monday morning we went and picked it up (thanks Brewers for use of your truck and strong muscles:) Monday night we put Madi to sleep in the office so we could set up her new bed. It was so fun to put it together and put on her new bedding that has just been sitting in her closet. I seriously have been wanting to set up her bedroom since before she was born. Because of moving I never really got to set up a "nursery" like most new, first time moms do.
Madilyn woke up at 3am to eat and after feeding her I put her into her new bed. It was funny because she totally realized that she was somewhere new. Her eyes got really big and she kept starring at the sides of her bed and at the mobile hanging above her head. She loves her new mobile (thanks Roxy:).

BEFORE the crib. Madi is just chillin in her cradle!


The new crib!

5 comments:

Terry Family said...

Hello...go to sleep little Madi. Good night. Sleep tight!
Love, Kaitlyn

Terry Family said...

My love you baby Madilyn. My love uncle Spencer, too. My love Anie too. Good night. My love your crib.
Love, Eric

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Fun! I like her new bed and bedding. It's exciting to decorate!! Madi looks adorable.

I emailed you...did you get it?

Lis said...

Awww! I love it! Im totally loving the dark wood! Very stylish! Madi is always ADORABLE!!! Oh and I LOVE THE BOW in the cooking picture!!! I was going to buy you some karo syrup yesterday but then i ended up at Target instead of safeway..????

Tisha said...

love it! that is so fun you have the nursery set up with the crib and all. if you want those sage drapes that were in adley's room I can mail them to you. (I think you said you needed drapes and i think they will match) let me know! madi is looking so cute and big!