Monday, October 8, 2007

Road Trip to North Carolina

Madi took her first road trip this past week! We left on Monday, October 1st and didn't get home until Sunday October 7th. Her daddy had a hard time parting with her. It was the longest time they've been apart. We drove there and back with our friends Matt, Doreen, and Hunter (thanks Gertsch family for letting us come along). Madilyn and Hunter had a great time hanging out together in the backseat! Madi and I made the trip to visit my sister, brother-in-law and their kids and see their newly purchased home! The Calhoun family moved to North Carolina about 2 months after we moved to DC. We are super excited to have some family out here with us! It's hard being so far away from everyone.
We had a fun filled week. Madi enjoyed being around her cousins. It was a little louder than Madi is used to, but she enjoyed the craziness! While we were there we celebrated Adley's 2nd birthday and joined him for a day at the Children's museum in downtown Raleigh.


Leaving the Children's Museum. Adley was a little sad about leaving.

Cousin Adley being such a big helper and giving Madilyn her binky to suck on.

Madi with cousin Ani- the girls are only two months apart!

Madi and Hunter excited to get going!


Daddy having one last snuggle before saying goodbye to his girls for the week!

4 comments:

Lis said...

How fun! I cant believe those girls are only 2 months apart!!! Crazy! I love Madi's eyes in the one picture!!!

Call me when you want help with your blog! I can help you get the pictures going the right way too! =)

Marbell Payne said...

Hi Anie...Madi is so big and beautiful. I am so glad to be able to check out your blog.It makes it seem like you guys aren't so far away. It sounds like you guys are doing great back east. Take good care!

martyrudd said...

We love these pics of you kids and babies!! Dad and Mom

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Madi's so cute! And you look AWESOME!! I'm glad that you and Tisha are close. That will be so nice when Spencer gets busy. How's he doing?

Guess who's coming to Vegas tomorrow??? Ashley!