Monday, October 29, 2007

Mom's M&M Cookies!

So, my mom is a pretty awesome lady! She is great at alot of things, but one particular thing that my mom is famous for is her Utopia Cookies. My mom makes cookies that are to die for. She says the secret is that she uses her bosch mixer. But truly I've never had anyone make them as good as my mom does. Consequently, I'd NEVER attmepted to make her cookies, for fear of messing up or having them not turn out like hers do. Well, I am the primary choirster in our ward here in Maryland and we have been busy preparing for the annual Primary Program. In preparation for this big event, I brought M&M's and a jar to church each Sunday. When the kids worked really hard on their songs and had really good behavior they were able to earn M&M's. I promised them that if they could fill the jar to the top with M&M's by the date of the program, I would use the M&M's to make them cookies. It worked like a charm (it's also one of my mom's great ideas). The kids worked really hard and earned all of the M&M's! So this past Saturday I used my mom's receipe and made over 7 dozen M&M cookies!! I was super nervous about messing something up. But after calling her a dozen times to make sure I had all the EXACT ingredients that she uses and followed the directions just how she does it, I felt ready and prepared. I didn't have a bosch, but luckily my good friend Melissa let me borrow her Kitchen Aid (thanks again Lis!).

The dough looked (and tasted) just like my mom's. So good so far!


They came out looking like my mom's cookies.


Now the moment of truth was Spencer actually trying the cookies. He loves my mom's cookies and begs her to make them everytime she visits or when we go home.
After trying the cookies, Spencer's words were, "you did it Anie, they taste just like your mom's!!"


YES! I can now ofically carry on the legacy of my mom's Utopia Cookies.


P.S. The Primary Program went great on Sunday and the kids loved the cookies!!

12 comments:

Terry Family said...

Congratulations Anie! Those are great cookies! I'm sure the kids loved them! We had our program about a month ago. It is nice to have done, but the kids did such a great job and it is always the best Sacrament Mtg. of the year!

Cristin said...

Post the recipe!

martyrudd said...

Sorry, the recipe is a family secret!!!!

Way to go Anie....they look great and our mouths are watering. Now dad, Karlee and Roxy are begging for cookies!!
Now you will never want for mine.

x0x0x0MOM

martyrudd said...

Hey, I just went back and read the sweet write up you did regarding the cookies!! (I was so caught up with the yummy pics of the cookies that I didn't read what you had to say about them first.)
You are so good to me!! Thanks for all the thoughtful comments.

I love you soooo much, MOM

Lis said...

MMmmMmMM! I wish i would have been around for this.. uh I mean the primary program! =)

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

You are very impressive and so cute! That is a lot of cookies! I'm glad you're a successful chorister and cook!

Roxy said...

I've been asking mom for cookies for a month - guess I'll have to loose mega more pounds before she'll make them. Way to go Anie! They look sooo good! Hurry and bring our little Madi here for us to spoil!!!! She is adorable!!!! xoxo Rox

Lollidale Farm said...

I should have crashed the primary party afterwards and tried some of those cookies! They look SO good, and they sound even better after reading the background. I know that my kids really LOVED them, and I really appreciate all you do for them in primary! Thanks!!

Candace said...

Those look so good...You did a great job.

Karen said...

i'll attest to the fact that the kids loved them!!! bennett & ethan talked about them all afternoon, and i got "mom, can YOU make us cookies like that?" a lot this week :o) thanks for doing such a great job with the kiddos, they love you!!!! as do i :o)

Tisha said...

wow! those looks great- I think I tried the recipe once and it turned out not the same- guess mom gave me the dummy recipe... :) you'll have to send us some!!

emily snyder said...

feeling like i want some utopia!