This past weekend, our friend, Adam Eshenroder, flew in from Utah for a quick visit. On Friday after Spencer's class, we all jumped on the Metro for a fun day exploring our nation's Capitol. This trip into DC was a first for Madi, Anie, and Adam! On Friday we started out at the National Archives to see the original Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Then, we stopped by Sen. Orrin Hatch's office for a tour of the Capitol. After a lot of walking, we finished the day off at Union Station for dinner and then back home on the Metro. What a day! Madi was quite the trooper. We all had so much fun on Friday, we decided for a double dose of the city on Saturday. On Saturday, we went back in to the city to see the Smithsonians and the Holocaust Museum. Boy were we tired by the end! About an hour through the Holocaust Museum, Madi decided she had had enough of Museums-or maybe she was just sad because we were in the Holocaust Museum (not the happiest place!). But, we all had a blast. DC is such a fun city!

Madilyn meet Adam. Adam meet Madilyn.

Madi is all bundled up and ready for a trip to the city.

Waiting for the Metro.

Our first trip to the Capitol.

Inside the Capitol dome.

Waiting for the capitol "subway".
5 comments:
Fun pictures! What an amazing place to live. You're so good with your backpack for Madi! I think I only carried Lucas in ours 1 time!
Okay so when the heck did the capital tour include a "capital subway"????????? I never got to ride on that! Ive done the tour a bunch of times!! Thats so cool! LUCKY!
Okay im also totally laughing about the hair comment you made. Im picking up some "good stuff" when Im in AZ... so if youre feeling daring enough to let me do it... ill do it! Muhahah!
Looks like fun! Spencer, do you remember riding the "capital subway" when we were kids? I think that was my favorite part about our day in DC! Glad you are enjoying the sights! We can't wait to come out and tour them with you!...you will have probably seen enough by then, so you can just send us in the right direction to see all the neat stuff! Give Madi hugs and kisses from us!
I'm so glad you started a blog, and I love the picture of Adam. Funny stuff. And Madi is the cutest!
What fun! I remember the 'subway', too. I remember thinking that of course the most fun thing we did was free. Keep that in mind as parents! Kids just love experiences no matter the cost. Glad to see you are starting Madi out young in having experiences. Remember these days!
Post a Comment