Monday, April 7, 2008

Cherry Blossom Festival



The annual Cherry Blossom Festival has been going on for the past two weeks. Since it ends this Saturday, I jumped at the opportunity to head into the city to check it out. Unfortunately, of all the days to go, we picked the one day this week that didn't have clear sunny skies in the forecast. Despite the wet, chilly weather, we all had a great time!

The whole gang- 11 kids minus the 3 moms!



Walking along the Tidal Basin pathway I had to stop and capture the beautiful cherry blossoms!



Madi's one time out of her stroller to smile (or not) for a picture in front of the Jefferson Memorial.

12 comments:

Tisha said...

looks like so much fun! the cherry blossoms are so pretty, but I'm sure they would have felt a lot pretty on a sunny day :)

Candace said...

That sounds so neat. The East Coast looks so pretty. And Madi is the cutest thing ever!

Jesse Edwards said...

beautiful pics! It's one of the prettiest things about DC

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wow! What a cool place to live. The pictures are amazing! You and Madi look so cute!

Lollidale Farm said...

I love that picture of you and Madi. :) Looks familiar! It was a fun day--lots of adventure! Glad you could come!

Safire said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! And I love that last picture of you and Madi...get an 8x10 print and frame it! :)

The Harpers said...

Beautiful. Reminds me of Japan at this time of year (sniff, sniff).

JoSue said...

My brother who lives in Virginia just went to the festival and said it was amazing! However he didn't take any pics so I'm glad you did. The trees look beautiful. Conference weekend looked fun. I love to see pictures of Ani and Madi together. It cracks me up. I especially like the one where Adley is hugging Madi. Wish we could've been there.

Terry Family said...

The blossoms look really pretty. Do they smell good too? How are Spencer's allergies back there? I would probably be sneezing non stop! I enjoyed the pictures!

Lis said...

okay so im dying to know? THe picture you took that you told me about... is it the one of the bridge? Because THATS a really cool picture! THe one of you and Madi is REALLY cute too! You should hang that one on a wall! You look so ROSIE! I love it! Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for watching Lexi today! She was such a good girl after i picked her up! Im so glad she slept well for you! My turn to take MADI! Im actually excited about that! I loved how much they LOVED eachother today! EVen if it was only for 5 minutes! Oh and im ready to take some Madi pictures too. Lets find a big hill with dandelions! That would be a CUTE spring picture! Laura showed me some cool stuff! I can only take SOOO many pictures of Lexi. I need a new subject!!!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! I've always thought it would be so neat to be back east during the cherry blossom festival.

Chuckleheads said...

Cousin Anna here...what fond memories...why didn't I know you were living there? You and Jenna are practically neighbors. Your little one is absolutely beautiful!