Saturday, April 26, 2008

The ZOO

The one thing I wanted to do for my birthday this year was go to the DC ZOO! We have lived here for almost 9 months and haven't been yet. It's a super nice ZOO and FREE admission! Gotta take advantage of that! So yesterday morning, we headed out on the Metro for some birthday fun!



It was a beautiful day to go too- high 70's with slightly overcast skies! Nice and warm with a cool breeze!


One of Madi and I's favorite stops was to see the Flamingos.


We liked watching them sleep, standing up, on ONE leg!! Pretty impressive if you ask me!!


Madi had a great time checking out the elephants with daddy.


Some other favorites include: the lion......


and tiger.....


and......... Orangutan! This guy gave us a GREAT show, swinging from the cables, and really showing off!!


Overall, I had a great birthday! I got some time in the sun, a lot of walking, and an evening with Spencer (all things I love)! Spencer made me a delicious strawberry-blueberry pie and we were able to go shopping last night (thanks to good friends who volunteered to take Madi for us). Unlike most trips to find new clothes, this one was a success! I guess it was my birthday luck!!

5 comments:

sylvia said...

happy birthday Anie! What a fun day you guys had. We like taking the kids to the zoo too. Spencer sure is quite the chef, isn't he?

Lollidale Farm said...

What a beautiful day at the zoo! You rpictures are gorgeous. I just love all of the color, esp. the flamingos. Somehow I've never made it to the flamingos when I've been there. I'll have to find them next time.

Lis said...

Yah ive been to the zoo and never saw flamingos! cool!!! What a nice day for the ZOO!!! Love madi's bow! So cute! hey you guys match kind of!!! Was that planned???

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I'm glad you had a fun day! I love going to the zoo--you're so lucky it's free! We have a very sad zoo in Vegas, and it costs like $15!!!

Do you know why flamingos stand on one leg??? To keep their other leg warm! That's what I learned at the PHX Zoo!

Jones Family said...

You got some great pics at the zoo. My favorite things are being outside, doing something active (walking) and being with my family. All those components are AWESOME!!!!
How did the backpack work out for you? Did you like the mobility of it?