Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Storytime

Yesterday I sat down to read stories with Madi, but got a little distracted when the phone rang. I sat Madi down on the floor with 2 books and walked out of the room. A few minutes later, after a quick phone conversation, I realized that it had gotten very quiet in Madi's room. I freaked out, thinking that she was probably crinkling or tearing pages in the books. I went to the door to peak in on her and found this....





She had pulled more books down off her chair and was quietly pointing to the pictures in one of her books and talking, like she was really reading! After looking at one book she'd grab another and continue reading!



A minute or two later, she noticed that I was in the door watching.



At first I got a nice big smile, but then she got a little embarrassed, burying her face in the book- letting me know that she wanted to get back to reading!



Today she sat on the couch reading her books while Spencer read a magazine. Instead of taking pictures I was smart and grabbed the video camera. Five full minutes of Madi reading, oblivious to my taping! Unfortunately, I have yet to learn how to post video. Hopefully I'll learn soon!

6 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

So cute!! Madi must have a super Mommy who reads to her all the time. :)

Lacey said...

how cute, that just shows what a good mommy you are for reading so much to your little one, she is so cute by the way!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Madi is such a cute girl! It's totally amazing what kids can learn!!! Reading to your child EVERYDAY makes such a difference! Teachers really are telling the truth! :)

I use www.onetruemedia.com for my videos, if you can figure out how to get them on your computer!

Marbell Payne said...

I love when babies figure out that they can "read". Priceless pictures you took there. I love your blogg. Yay...you are coming to CA! I know you'll miss DC, but how refreshing to escape the humid weather(and like you shared in your blogg--extra debt) and be so close to the beach. I smell a "lets all go up to see Anie and Madie and make it a beach trip!" We really should get all the girls and kids together for a visit and a beach trip.

The Harpers said...

Too cute! It's never too early to start reading, right?.

Lis said...

thats so sweet!! and i cant believe she got more books down by herself!!! thats so cuuuuute! what a smart little girl you have there!!! i would be happy to show you how to do videos!!!! we need some madi videos!!!