Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend

This past weekend, Spencer, Madi, and I drove down to North Carolina for a quick get-a-way to spend some time with my sister, her husband and kids. It was the prefect weekend to go because being general conference, we didn't have Sunday responsibilities to worry about. Madilyn had a great time hanging out with her cousins. She and Ani played really well together. They took turns sharing toys....





Ani tried teaching Madi a thing or two about crawling. Madi made sure to stretch really well before their crawling competition!



Being 2 months older, Ani made sure that she took extra good care of Madi- wiping her dirty face and all!



The girls made sure to include Adley in some of the fun!





Aside from all the cousin fun, we were able to watch General Conference at Will and Pargie's new home, in their theater room. If you've never watched General Conference on a big screen in HD, you're really missing out. The spirit is that much stronger!! :)



Unfortunately, Curteis was feeling a little under the weather. He wasn't up to doing much all weekend, forcing Spencer to spend some quality time with all the girls! He really enjoyed that! :)



Thanks Calhouns for the crazy fun weekend!! We love you!!


8 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

The cousin pictures are awesome!! I was wishing that I had somewhere to go this weekend, since my Sunday responsibilities are so -um- demanding! It was nice to have a break. You crack me up with your big-screen big-spirit comment!!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Fun! Conference weekend is the best. And in a home theater??? I'm jealous! :)

I love seeing the pics of Madi with Tisha's kids! How fun!

I got your message...I'll try to call you this week!!

Jen said...

Cute pictures. Looks like you had a fun weekend. I feel a little bad for Adley though. Poor boy forced to share a bathtub with GIRLS!! ARGH! His boys cousins are mortified for him!

Lis said...

Wow! Looks likeyou guys had so much fun! How was the drive? are you home already? I was thinking you wouldnt be home today?? Wow! That was a fast weekend and a fast post! Thats so cool you got to watch conference on a big screen!

Safire said...

I love the cousin pictures! You are lucky that you have family at least within driving distance to go and visit. :) Glad you had a good trip!

Candace said...

I love the picture of Ani wiping the dirt of Madi face. SO CUTE.. I love pictures of cousins together...

Terry Family said...

That explains why no one answered when I called your house on Saturday and Sunday! The long drive to Camarillo and back was so boring without you guys to talk to!

Tisha said...

cute pics! seriously love the one of curteis and his sick face- wow have we seen that face too often this week- glad the happy face is back! :) love the commentary of the pics of the girls :) so funny- and glad no one else noticed that I have on the same hoodie in the "girls pic" as the one we took in January, either that or everyone is just being nice :)