Sunday, July 13, 2008

Camping at Leo Carillo


This weekend Spencer and I decided to take advantage of all the nice beaches around us (and living with parents who LOVE our daughter) and go camping! Our good friends, Adam and Lora, were also up for some fun, so Friday afternoon we gathered up our camping gear and took off for Leo Carillo. It's only about a 20 minute drive from Camarillo- so it didn't take long! This was my first night ever away from Madi! I was happy for the opportunity to get away with Spencer and have a day to relax! Thanks mom and dad, Madi's a lucky girl to have such great babysitters!!!

After arriving at camp and checking out our site, we took off for the beach. It was such a gorgeous evening!!! However, I was a dummy and forgot to charge my camera before leaving. I was only able to get a few good pictures before my battery died! What a bummer!! Luckily Lora had her camera-thanks Lora for some great shots!!

We spent a couple of hours down on the beach, hiking around on the rocks and through the caves! What a gorgeous night!




We were even able to witness a wedding going on! We walked right past the bride taking pictures with her bridesmaids! We were nice though and didn't take a picture until we had hiked away from the wedding party!



Once the tide started coming up, we headed back to camp to barbecue hot dogs and roast marshmellows. After eating smores and playing a few rounds of cards, we hit the sack!





We all woke up bright and early to another beautiful day! Good morning!!


What prepared campers we were- bringing along our BBQ to cook up some yummy pancakes and sausage on. As always, Spencer was the master chef!



Obviously we weren't prepared enough though because we forgot to pack plates to put our pancakes on! We made it work though!! The sausages wrapped nicely in the pancakes and with a little syrup, gave us some delicious "pigs in a blanket"! Yummmmm.....


After breakfast we quickly packed up and were off to the beach!


While Lora and I layed on the beach, soaking in the warm rays and reading magazines, Spencer and Adam were chillin in the ocean- waiting for the perfect wave (or should I say, any wave)!


Thanks Adam and Lora for the weekend FUN!!! We had a fabulous time and can't wait to do it again!

11 comments:

Lollidale Farm said...

How fun! I love your breakfast idea--yum! Has it really been 7 weeks?? Wow!! We still miss you.

Lis said...

Wow! How fun Anie! thats so awesome! Im jealous! Camping on a beach! OOOOooooOH! I love the dark fire picture! I agree with Laura! We DO MISS YOU! I cant believe your going to be home in almost a month! I was shocked when I walked into the michaels out here and alllll the halloween stuff was out already! We need to start planning this years party! ILL BE HOME FOR IT! We need to invite MORE people too! How fun! Yes, come home!

PS! and how nice you got to go with out kids!

Jones Family said...

I love beach camping. I used to go to Leo Carillo when I was a little girl. It's one of my favorite places. Congratulations on your first night away from Madi. She probably had more fun with Grandpa and Grandma than you did camping! Don't you just love leaving them with Grandparents. They are totally loved and they enrich their little lives.

JoSue said...

I love that you brought along a HUGE BBQ! I was expecting one of those small packable ones! haha, hilarious. Anie, for once you are in most of the pictures! You need to let your battery die more often so we can see you! The camping looks beautiful. So glad you got to get away and enjoy the beach!

Brian or Julie said...

That looks fun. I love how you had your pancake :) It have happen to all of us. I just love your blog. You are doing so many cool things. Hope to see you when we both get back to the East.

Jenkins Family said...

Your family is so beautiful! How weird is it that we always wanted to be twins and now....20 years later we are both Jenkins!!!!! CRAZY! i hope life is great for you and I look forward now to keep in touch....our blog is
rdjenkinsfamily.blogspot.com

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a fun, fun trip!!! I'm glad you guys got to go have some grown-up fun!

Adam & Lora said...

Great post to your blog!!! We had so much fun with you guys and look forward to doing it again! :) We've had so much fun with you guys this summer... what are we gonna do without you??

Diane said...

You look adorable by the way and so does your daughter. As soon as I read your post, I started surfing for the reservation site for this camp site. I have been thinking of camping along the beach with Leo. They are booked until Sept. Did you walk in first come first serve, or did you have a reservation?

Diane

Anie said...

Hey Diane! We had a reservation. My husband looked for awhile and he was able to get the last spot open. Most of the camp sites we've looked at are booked up now until Sept. Bummer! Hopefully you guys can find something!

Candace said...

We are so sad that we couldn't go with you guys. We love to camp. It look like you guys had a great time!