Thursday, July 10, 2008

A few of our favorite things

Spencer, Madi, and I have been in California for 7 weeks now and only have 6 weeks left until we fly home! It's actually going by surprisingly fast. While Spencer goes off to work each morning, Madi and I have several favorite things that keep us busy during the day. Here's just a few of our favorite things.....

#1 The Camarillo Library

Camarillo built a brand new library a few years ago, and knowing that we'd be around all summer I had to check it out. Madi and I joined the summer reading program at our first visit and have enjoyed checking out BAGS of books each week. While Madi did bring her backpack of favorite books from home, it's always nice to read new stories. While the entire library is amazing with all the intricate detailed tiling and a technological advanced check-out system, I had to take a few pictures of Madi's favorite room in the library. This is the discovery room where the Pirate ship is.



Inside this ship the kids (and sometimes even adults) choose their books and quietly find a space to read. Madi loves reading in the pile of stuffed animals!


There are usually a few other kids playing in the animals as well, and Madi loves making new friends! Look closely and you'll be able to see one of the friends she made this particular day. He blends in very nicely with the animals! It's super cute to watch Madi crawl all over the animals and then stop to give each one a big hug!


#2 Parks

On our way home from the library we will usually stop to eat lunch at a nearby park. I'll usually lay out a nice beach towel for Madi and I to sit on, but Madi quickly crawls off to go explore. The other day she found a nice pile of dog poop (luckily old and dried up)! As I made her drop it out of her hand I noticed that she had been sitting on an even bigger pile!! YUCK!!



#3 Playing outside in the backyard.

Whenever we're inside playing, Madi always manages to make her way over to the screen door. She opens it, and heads outside to play! There is always something interesting to play with outside! She loves being pushed around in the car, truck, and on the bike. I've got cute videos of her getting in and out of the truck, but I STILL can NOT get the videos to upload. I do it exactly like I've done before, but then it says there was an error and can not upload the video. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please HELP!!


#4 Picking Raspberries

Spencer's parents have a pretty big raspberry patch next to their house and now that Grandpa Al introduced Madi to raspberries, she just loves picking and eating them!



#5 Being together!

It's amazing how many other little things that I never cared about doing before, seem like the BEST thing ever now that I've got Madi to share it with! I know people say that it's hard taking kids places and I'm sure I'll feel the same way when I've got more than one. But for right now, I really do prefer to have Madi with me. Here's us in another one of our twin outfits!!

10 comments:

Cristin said...

Those twin outfits crack me up!

Lollidale Farm said...

What an amazing library!! If ours was that cool I'd be there all the time! I love the twin outfits, too!!

The Hansen Family said...

Cute Anie! Those berrie pictures are priceless!

Lis said...

Cooool library! My nephews would LOVE that! Madi's getting SO BIG! From this post to last she looks like a little girl!It so fun to see her standing and eating raspberries! Awww! I love all the ones squished around her too! So funny! I know how you feel about taking Madi places. Its more fun! I agree!! Oh and sorry about the dog poop! Id have freaked! Although im sure id have found it in Lexi's MOUTH. Gross.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

You two are missing the raspberries HERE! Right in our backyard! Okay actually they take some work - I'll show you pictures of Melissa with her jungle boots and machete! Ha ha!

For the video... I upload mine to Google videos and then select the "embed" box - you just copy/paste it right into your post, and it shows up like a regular video, ONLY it doesn't use up huge amounts of space on your blog quota! Maybe that will work.

Jones Family said...

I love Madi's shoes. I swear that girl is going to be reading by the time she is 3! I know how you feel about having your little girl with you. I love going places with Hannah, just mommy and Hannah! She's your little buddy. Ohh as for shoe sizes. Hannah was about a 5 when she was 1 and an 8 when she was 2. At 3 1/2 she wears a 9 1/2 or 10. 10s are still a little too big though.

Jones Family said...

Ohh, I love how Madi helps herself to the raspberries. There is something so wholesome to go in the backyard and pick some food from the garden and plop it in your mouth. Makes me feel so healthy!

Lisa said...

Hey Anie,
You have such a cute family. Where do you live in Maryland? My husband Jon and I lived in Germantown for almost five years. We LOVED it. There is sooo much to do in the DC area! It was fun reading your blog!
Lisa (Henderson) Juhasz
http://lisababe23.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Hey Anie,
We were in the Seneca Ward. It included Poolesville. As for our kids' ages, the first two were definitely not planned to be close, but these last two have been. Our older ones are such good buddies that we decided to let little Anna have her buddy too...and then no more! Anyway, I don't think we are going to make the reunion. I am really bummed, but Jon is going to Iraq in September, so he has a lot of predeploment stuff to do. I don't feel like flying w/ 3 kids by myself and being 7 mo. pregnant. Plus tickets are like $800/person.

As for the collage...I did it with Picasa. It is google's photo editing software. You go to your dashboard and then click on Picasa and then you can download it for free.

Sorry for the super long comment. It is so fun to keep in touch!

Jones Family said...

If Madi is in 6-12 months at 12 months... maybe she will be in 18-24 months at 24 months. Hannah wore Robeez for the longest time. I think she was in 12-18 months when she was 1. Maybe like a size 5 or 6 for Madi next summer! Sounds like she is more of her mommy's size and not her daddy's size... good for her, Spencer is soooo TALL!