Wednesday, February 4, 2009

17 weeks

I'm 17 weeks along now and have NOT felt like taking any pictures of myself! However, since I promised myself that I'd do monthly updates on how I'm looking and feeling- I knew it was time to post something. Check out that belly!


As for how I've been feeling- aside from my clothes getting tight and only wanting to wear pajama pants, I feel great! I do still need a nap everyday though. While I usually like to have a whole hour, 30 minutes will usually do. It's definitely nice to have my energy back. I struggled with my morning workouts during the first trimester. I started worrying that I was getting out of shape (I'd breathe heavier and not be able to go as long or as fast). Luckily, an hour on my elliptical is no longer a problem. If it were warmer outside in the mornings, I'd love to be able to substitute a run in every other day. It's a bummer that by the time it warms up, I'll be too big to run anymore. It doesn't seem real that I'm pregnant yet- more like I'm just gaining weight. I think it will seem more real once we find out the gender (just moved the date for this to the 27th-due to a trip out to California)!

As for complaints, my varicose veins are still super ugly, but thankfully they don't bother me as much now that I have the compression stockings. My biggest complaint is definitely the never ending break-outs (luckily you can't really tell in pictures- concealer can do wonders! :)

I've already broken out the maternity clothes but still wear my regular clothes (I was just so excited to see my upcoming wardrobe)! I started rubber banding my jeans this week. I got away with using the rubber band my entire pregnancy with Madi, but I don't know if I'll have such luck with this one. I'm already feeing like I'm going to need to buy a pair of maternity pants this time around.

13 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

Awww what a cute belly! As far as the getting out of breath when exercising...that comes with pregnancy, it's not an out of shape thing, silly. Also, who says you are ever too big to run? I taught dance the night I went into labor. (Not to say I'm all that cool, but if I can do it, anyone can!)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting for you guys! You of course look fabulous as always! Glad you're feeling good. Best of luck

Safire said...

K, hate you just a tiny bit that you could rubber band your pants all through Madi...but just a tiny bit. :)

Nancy said...

Anie, you're such a radiant pregnant girl! You'll find out the baby's gender the same day as BYU starts letting students know if they're accepted!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I can't believe how skinny you still are! I even have a hard time remembering you're pregnant at all. Then again it was the same for myself my second time around! Do you concur?

Lollidale Farm said...

So cute! I wish I had taken pregnancy pictures on a regular basis. Too late now!

Cristin said...

Wow, Anie, you look beautiful. Really. I guess you are at the "cute" pregnant stage right now.

Jen said...

Looks to me like you are carrying that baby really high! This could have been part of the problem with the breathing....she's already encroaching on your lung space! So, my bet is that this is another little girl! Can't wait to hear!

Terry Family said...

Cute pregnant momma! Have fun in Cali! Can you come south???? Shaun's parents are going to be in town on the 15th, otherwise I would totally come up to Half Moon Bay! The kids have Friday and Monday off from school.
Better yet, get Spencer to fly you to So. Cal for your Birthday and we could go to Disneyland for free!

Anonymous said...

You work out for an hour?? Holy cow. I'm gonna have to up my game. I only can stand 25 min on our treadmill. It probably doesn't help that I don't like to run for long periods of time. Your piece of equip. looked like way more fun than a treadmill. You are looking hot chica! I'm lovin the belly!

Corinne Beede said...

You look so cute! It's really been a while since we've talked cuz I had no idea you were going to CA! I'm jealous! What's the occasion? Is Spencer going too? Are you doing the northern part? I miss you guys! You should make a stop in Logan! We'd love to have you! Have fun with pregnancy and keep taking pictures! Love you guys!

Marisa said...

You look amazing! And the pregnant belly is so cute! This probably sounds silly, but one of my favorite parts about being pregnant was the pregnant belly!

Cothran Family said...

Anie bananie, you are so stinkin cute! I love the prego updates. And you look very fabulous. When I'm 6 weeks along I'm bigger than that! Love ya cousin. Miss ya