Monday, February 9, 2009

Primary Songs

Tonight Spencer and I had a PPM (aka: Proud Parent Moment)! After dinner, Spencer started singing primary songs with Madi. He decided to pause at the end of each phrase or sentence to try and get Madi to sing along, and sure enough- she was able to fill in every blank! I was washing dishes at the sink and couldn't stop laughing. It was just SO darn cute! It was expected that she'd know the words to the ones that we sing on a daily basis such as:
"I am a Child of God"
"I love to see the Temple"
"Popcorn Popping"
"Give said the Little stream"
"Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam"

But then she surprised us by also knowing some of the ones we don't sing as often, like:
"I hope they call me on a mission"
"I am like a Star"
"A Child's Prayer"

It's good to know that the hours of listening to primary CD's in the car, and our songs before bed are paying off!


After watching (and laughing) from the sink for awhile, it hit me that I should be getting this on video. By the time I whipped out my camera she obviously was getting a little bored of this activity though (hence being distracted by her book). Just thought I'd share a minute of our PPM in case anyone is interested. Sorry the sound is horrible. If you turn it up real loud you might be able to hear her!

5 comments:

Brian or Julie said...

I love the ppm like that!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

We did the same thing with Kate yesterday! Only it was at the piano and I made her finger play the melody and she'd shout the words as soon as she recognized the song. I was impressed by how many Primary song they know! Thank goodness for catchy Primary tunes!

Lis said...

OF COURSE! Madi is SO smart! Thats so adorable!!! What fun!!!! Im so sad Lexi's little talking coach is LEAVING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im very impressed Madi!!!!

Unknown said...

oh so cute! what a fun age!

Jones Family said...

Oh, my heart is melting hearing her sweet little voice. That has to be my favorite song a little kid can sing. It so cute!!!