Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We're BACK!

Madi and I flew out of Oakland this morning at 6am and as much as I really DON'T want to talk about it, I figured I should document my LEAST favorite flight with Madilyn! This flight was an hour shorter than flying to California, but 10 times WORSE!! Let's just say, waking Madi up at 4am and trying to get her to take a nap on a PACKED airplane= BAD NEWS!! That's right, it was one of "those" flights! The one where everyone is looking at YOUR kid and plugging their ears. Ya, the lady sitting across the aisle from me would plug her ears every time Madi would start crying! Luckily, no one was mean or gave me bad looks (good thing cause I would have given it right back to them)! Madi was one of about 15 kids on the plane so I know most people understood. When getting off the plane, one guy commented in passing, "Don't think you're the only one who's ever gone through that!" It made me feel a little better!

I was rejoicing when I saw Spencer waiting for us at the gate leading into the baggage claim. I was glad he'd decided to park and come in, because out of every mom on the plane, I was the ONLY one who didn't have their stroller waiting at the door as we got off the plane. I secretly think it was their way of punishing me for having the loudest child on the flight! After filing a missing stroller claim and gathering my bags, the stroller luckily turned up! PUNISHMENT OVER!! Madi was an angel the whole drive home (must've forgotten about how tired she'd been just an hour earlier); quietly reading her books, allowing Spencer and I time to chat!

Long story short, we're now home, unpacked and already adjusted to East coast time (Madi was in bed just after 6pm tonight)! Spencer definitely gets the award for being the BEST dad/husband ever! The house was immaculate, grocery shopping done, and he even surprised me by framing, and hanging pictures on our BARE dining room wall (something I've been wanting to do for MONTHS)! Madi was thrilled to see all of her toys again! Her daddy left her a cute welcome home note on her easel.

7 comments:

Lis said...

welcome back! IM SO EXCITED FOR MORE ADVENTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you know, sitting around in my or your place wishing it was warm. FUN STUFF!!! CALL ME!

Lis said...

oh and holy cow! didnt know spencer could DRAW TOO! COOL!!!

Safire said...

Welcome back! Glad you made it here safely!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

That is so cute!!! I'm sorry your flight was a mess! I definitely think everyone with kids has been there at least once. Glad you're back! And I know Spencer is too - he was lonely!

Josh said...

Been there...done that. LOL. Not to sound insensitive - it's gotta be one of the worst things EVER to have a cranky kid on an airplane where they can't go anywhere or do anything, and then have insensitive people around. When we flew to Colorado last September Tyler came down with a mysterious fever than kept him super cranky and screaming everytime he was jostled from his nap. Josh was ready to have it out with a rude woman across the aisle. Anyway, welcome home! Girls night out coming soon!

The Harpers said...

It's good to be home. Sorry about your bummer flight, at least people were somewhat sympathetic. Now...when do we find out what that baby is???

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Good job Spencer on that welcome home piece of art. That looks like it took him a while. Hope it warms up soon for us all!