Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Camarillo Christmas 2009

The first half of our holiday was spent in Camarillo with the Jenkins side of the family. Unfortunately our visit flew by much too quickly! We didn't get to see all the people that we hoped on seeing and the time spent with those we did see was way too short. But Christmas was fabulous, the weather was glorious, and it was overall a very relaxing visit.

A few of the highlights from the 10 days we spent in Camarillo:
1) Hanging out with family
The Terry's flew in the 26th and Madi was thrilled to have her cousins to play with.

2) Seeing and hanging out with friends

The Bells joined us on one of our beach outings.
Madi and Brooklyn played great together. After playing hard we turned around and saw both girls shoveling goldfish into their mouths!

Elle and Easton (just 4 days younger than Elle) chilled in their seats.

3) Trips to the beach

Being only 15 mintues away from the beach, I really wish we could have gone every day. It's a bummer that Christmas is always such a busy time.

4) Having Spencer around

5) Enjoying Spencer's mom's fabulous cooking
6) Morning runs (without a jacket)

7)Playing in the backyard

The trampoline was one of Madi's favorite things. We all got sucked into numerous games of "Ring around the Rosie!"

8) WARM weather (It reached 80 degrees 8 out of the 10 days we were there- but don't worry, the mornings and evenings were cool enough to enjoy the fireplace.

9) Christmas festivities- specifically:

Christmas lights

And of course- present opening!

Madi was especially excited about her new baby- which she immediately named "Red Baby". But the best part was listening to her introduce "Purple Baby" to her new friend, "Red Baby".

10) Having my girls adored by their Grandpa Al, Boppi, Aunt Joci, and at the very end- Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Shaun, and cousins

Madi helping Grandpa Al make "liquid gold" (freshly squeezed O.J. from home grown oranges) on Christmas morning.

We said our goodbyes yesterday morning and flew from L.A. to Oakland, where we'll be hanging out with my family for the next 8 days. Thanks mom and dad for such an wonderful visit and for all good memories made! We love you!

5 comments:

Crissie said...

Great pics Anie!

tylerandmommy said...

Awwwww that looks like SO much fun! I am SUPER jealous of your beach pictures. I LOVE the beach and could go every day of my life. Sigh. You got some GREAT pictures. Are you SURE you don't want to take up photography as a living? Madi looks simply ADORABLE (as always) and I can't wait to see the rest of your trip. BUT...we can't wait for you to come back too!!!

Lis said...

yah GREAT pix anie! And holy crap do we miss you. Seriously. Im dying over how long and darling your hair is and it makes me realize I HAVeNT SEEN YOU IN WAY TO LONG!!!!!!!!!!! THATS JUST WRONG! I nEED MY ANIE AND MADI (and now Elle too!) OH BRING BACK MY ANIE TO ME! TO MEEEEEEEEEE! Madi and Elle look DARLING in all those pictures. Dude, you have a BABY THAT I DONT EVEN KNOW!!!! HOW UNFAIR!

I should probably quit complaining on your blog eh? JUST CALL ME! So I can keep it up!

Dan and Bec said...

Looks like you are having a great time. I wish I could enjoy that beach with you. Love Madi's CHristmas dress and boots! Too Cute!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! The girls are adorable. I love the beach pics! What a great Christmas!