Saturday, August 21, 2010

Real life

This week was a more normal one- more like "real life" and not "vacation with Daddy". I prefer the later. Ya, I want Spencer to find a job and of course I want a place to move our stuff to and call home, but I do miss our afternoons spent at the beach and outings all together. Instead, Spencer applied to jobs all week. My instructions (given by Spencer) were to pretend like he's at work. So that's what I did (or at least tried to do). It's a little hard when he's sitting right there at the dining room table for all to see. Instead of beach trips I got a smog check, visited the DMV, and made 2 trips to the library. We did buy year passes to the Santa Barbara Zoo though- it was our one outing for the week. Sweet deal though- it'll have paid itself off by our next visit.
It was Elle's very first zoo experience. She loved every bit of it!
The Scarlet Macaws (behind us) were a favorite.

Something about having season passes to a local zoo makes me feel more settled, like we might me here for awhile. Spencer did apply to a firm in Santa Barbara as well as several in the Ventura and LA area. I'm really trying to stay patient, but dang it's hard. I just want to know when and where- then I can be patient. It's the not knowing that kills me!

It's always good to have things to look forward to, so here's my most recent list:
1) Corinne and Morgan's visit (this whole next week).
2) Sample Sale in LA on Friday (I know you're so jealous Tisha)!
3) Trip to Texas (Sept 1st)!!!

Oh, and Spencer and I managed to sneak away tonight to climb the "giant sand dune" and watch the sun set. It was gorgeous- a great way to end a rather uneventful week.

6 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

Yay for a normal week once in a while, right? I LOVE the zoo. I need to take Tyler but I have been trying to wait until it cools off a bit. So it sounds like you're not coming back, huh? BOO YOU! But you do look very skinny and pretty next to that pretty sunset.

Safire said...

Looking good next to that sunset! Spencer should put that one framed on his desk of his new job when he gets one. :)

martyrudd said...

The zoo picture of Elle looks like she's squawking like one of the birds!! So cute!! And yes, I too love the sunset picture.

Anie, you get your love of the beach from your dad and mom....that's for sure. xoxoMOM

Jocelyn said...

What no comment about how much you are going to miss Aunt Joci!? just kidding! Tell Madi thanks for the cute note she left in my suitcase...it made me smile! Miss you all lots!

Terry Family said...

Anie, can I put an order in for a baby blanket? I was sad that I missed the sample sale when we were there. Cute pics. Wish we could be playing with you! Oh, I didn't see a trip to Kansas on that list of things to look forward to. I hope that will be on there, when you make the trek east to get your stuff???? We aren't too far from texas...or so I hear...:)

Crissie said...

OMG! I have forgotten to follow lately. You moved!!! Congrats. Ok, on to read more and see what's going on. I hope he finds a job super soon! Love the zoo.