Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rollers

Madi and I were out and about yesterday (at Target to be exact) when we came across pink foam rollers- the ones I grew up wearing to bed almost every Saturday night as a kid. I've been wanting some for awhile now, so I was thrilled with my find. I bought em and told Madi she could try them out sometime. It was right around bedtime when Madi started begging for me to put the curlers in her hair. After a quick bath and hair wash, in they went. I was totally shocked about Madi's excitement towards something like this. She's not one to volunteer to get her hair done- let alone wrapped in foam rollers, but dang was she excited!!
Maybe it's the fact that the rollers are pink, but it's probably because at Target I told her all about how I used to wear them as a kid. It's amazing what Madi will do to be just like her mama!! Love it!

Back view- they stayed in super well, even with all the playing and trampoline jumping Madi did afterwards.

While Madi jumped on the tramp,I stuck Elle in the bath and then decided to try out the rollers on her too.
Success!
Amazing- both girls with no hesitation towards putting them in, keeping them in, and sleeping with them in!

Then for the best part . . . the next morning!!
Unfortunately, all of Elle's rollers fell out during the night- so nothing special with her hair, but Madi's sure turned out great! It was super curly and of course I had NO clue what to do with it. So I grabbed a flower clip and stuck it in her hair.

Her hair relaxed throughout the day and by bedtime I was totally loving it!
So basically, I couldn't be happier about my purchase. I now have the solution for what to do with my girls hair when I don't know what to do!

9 comments:

Terry Family said...

Love the curls! I used to do that to my girls hair all the time. I would tie a bandana around the curlers to help them stay in during the night. Cute pictures!

Roxy said...

Madi - you look like a beautiful princess!!!

martyrudd said...

Oh Madi....you sure look just like your mama!! I love your hair. Thank you for being so happy about wearing your rollers!! xoxoGram

tylerandmommy said...

Sooooooo cute! I remember sleeping in those rollers with a scarf over my head. I dunno why since I already have curly hair. Anyway Madi looks SO cute. Where are the after pics of Elle? I can't believe how LIGHT her hair has gotten! And I can't believe the summer is almost gone. Are you coming back?!!!? Tyler needs his Madi back!!

GO Gray's said...

Hey Anie, yes I got the stroller and stuff from your mom. I love the rollers, I use to wear them all the time however they use to not be the soft kind but these green pokey kind that hurt my head when I slept. Once we went to the soft pink rollers I was in heaven. Her hair looks adorable!!!

Lis said...

UM SHES GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That makes me want to get mine out now!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! We sure do miss you guys!!!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Oh my gosh, that is so adorable! I remember wearing those too as a little girl! (When I didn't already have a genuine '80s perm, of course!) How fun! Now I want to go shopping for some!

Doreen said...

LOVE the curlers! She's beautiful JUST like her MAMA!

5 Brothers Farms said...

Look at those curls!! So pretty! Maybe I should grow Thatcher's hair out...;)