Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lots of kids, Cafe Rio, and catching up!

Tonight I single-handedly fed, bathed, and put 5 kids (ages 4 to 9 months) to bed all by 7pm! And what an incredible feeling of accomplishment I had afterwards! It was fun hanging out with the Gertschs this weekend. Matt had a conference in DC this week, so they drove up on Saturday to play for the weekend. Then tonight was some big fancy dinner for Matt and Doreen to attend so I volunteered to watch all the kids. Though all 5 kids together is usually pretty crazy, tonight was totally manageable! Just wanted to document it cause I was pretty proud of myself! :)

Another highlight from the weekend was eating at Cafe Rio!!! The first one on the East Coast just opened up in our very own Olney, MD (just a short 15 minute drive)!! Spencer and I couldn't be more excited!

And now on to go finish the many posts I'm weeks behind on! These past two weeks since getting back from California have been crazy busy! I don't think Spencer and I have made it to bed before midnight yet! The craziness never ends around here though- Spencer heads off for his annual fishing trip tomorrow night and I'm heading to NC on Thursday. I promise to get caught up after that!

2 comments:

JoSue said...

SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! I'm going to Idaho in June and CANNOT wait to dig into a salad. YUM!!!

xoxo

The Days of your Life said...

We're coming up to see you and eat lunch there! We've had some drama at our house and are still catching up!
Miss you!