I'm feeling so behind in my blogging. I've got 4 posts going, but have had no time to finish. The last couple of days have been go, go, go around here. Actually, ever since we moved in (almost 2 months ago) I feel like we've been going non-stop. Mostly fun stuff- but sometimes overwhelming. This week was no exception. Spencer got a new calling last Sunday (Stake YM's secretary- again. Exact same calling he had in MD) and had meetings Tuesday and Thursday nights. Wednesday we went down to the temple (hour and a half commute one way, so it was an all night affair). Friday night we took Spencer's parents out to dinner for his dad's birthday (found a good new Mexican place- yay!). Then Saturday was our ward dinner and talent show. Madi was the opening act! She sang the National Anthem and I couldn't have been more proud. It's amazing to Spencer and I how she doesn't get nervous at all about performing in front of people. She really is a natural and I hope that never changes!

I brought peanut butter balls for one of the desserts and won a little award. Ya, I know- I'm pretty awesome! :)

Then today Spencer was gone by 5:50am for a morning meeting with a bishopric in Oxnard. I couldn't get back to sleep, so naturally I was up early too. We both spoke in sacrament meeting this morning- me on the blessings of temple attendance and Spencer on true happiness. After spending almost every night this week preparing for my talk, I'm glad to have that out of the way.
Tonight we got together with friends from our ward for dinner but then had to leave early cause of a Stake fireside that Spencer had to be at. Seems to be what life is going to be like from now on. Madi was an emotional basket case before bed. All these late nights don't do well for her. She was beyond overly tired and I was happy to have both girls in bed by 6:45pm. Boy does it feel good to have a whole night all to myself to regroup and get some much needed blogging done! More posts coming soon!
2 comments:
Did you get video of Madi's performance? Mom said she did great! So, is Dad still in the Stake YM's or did the whole presidency change? What was the new Mexican restaurant? Something better than Olas? Wish we were living in Cali so we could be having fun with you guys!
Hey where's the video of Madi singing the National Anthem??
xoxoxgram
Post a Comment