Monday, January 30, 2012

The BEST of Friends

If you would have asked me last year at this time how much I loved having 2 girls- 2 years apart, I don't know how quickly I could have responded. But now I constantly think about how much I love having 2 girls close in age. The girls are at such fun ages and really are the best of friends. Madi tries to be bossy, but Elle doesn't let her. Elle gets a good idea for something and Madi quickly joins in. Madi hates going to bed without Elle (they've been sharing a bedroom for 2 months now). I love how they wake up laughing and talking in the mornings. When Madi starts an art project, Elle's right there in the next chair wanting to be just like her sister. They share all their toys (except of course for those few special ones that the other is not allowed to touch without asking). Madi's super protective of Elle. Like when they were jumping on the trampoline with a bunch of friends. Elle fell down and started crying. Madi was immediately at her side yelling for everyone to stop jumping cause it was scaring her sister. Sometimes I worry because Madi doesn't care very much about making new friends. As long as she can bring Elle along she's happy. They definitely have their disagreements- their fights can get pretty nasty, but it's totally worth all the good moments.
Breakfast on the rug in jammies!

Always an art project a day.

Thanksgiving in Brentwood- the girls getting slap happy over trying to eat the candy from Elle's cornucopia.

This is the oldest picture of the bunch- taken back in Sept. before we moved. The girls were playing "wedding". It was time for scriptures but they refused to take off their dresses. I told them as long as they were reverent they could leave them on.

Games have reached a whole new level of fun now that Elle's old enough to really play. Zingo and "Let's go Fishin" are two favorites.

Not a day goes by that the girls aren't Princesses!

One morning the girls played for an hour in their bedroom closet. It's amazing what simple things bring so much fun!

Taken after a birthday party that Madi went to a week ago. Elle got to join in on all the fun at the very end, but when we got there Madi seemed super overwhelmed with all the dozens of new friends. She was so much happier once we got home and she got to play with her sister!

Sure love these little girls!!

7 comments:

Tisha said...

love it!! fun pics! sisters close in age IS the BEST!!! YOU should know :-) love you!!

martyrudd said...

These pics are so cute of these girls!! Hopefully they will always be close and best friends.

Karlie Ann Ady said...

Holy Cow the girls have grown up SO much since you left! I seriously can hardly believe it! I love checkin out all the fun stuff you guys are up to and can't wait till my little girly wants to play princess too!

Papa said...

These little girls remind me of you and Tisha, and after all these years, still BEST FRIENDS! I love these pictures and I love these little girls! Daddy

Lis said...

OKAY THEY LOOK LIKE TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS KIND OF FRREAKING ME OUT! Some of those I was like OKAY. WHERES ELLE? WHERES MADI?????????? AHHHHHHHHH! But they also look so different. Am i just tired? DUDE, CALL ME!!!!!! =)

Lis said...

And by the way........ THEY ARE SUCH CUTE LITTLE NON TWINIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you guys! Lexi has been carrying a picture of her and Madi around for the last Week....

The Days of your Life said...

We miss you guys, but we know you are having a great time there! Big hugs to the sisters! I love every one of mine!!!!!