
It was so great to have my parents here this past weekend. My mom flew in Wednesday afternoon and dad drove down the next day. Then mom flew out to NC Sunday morning and dad drove home Sunday evening. While it was just a short visit, we got a ton done and had a LOT of fun!
Mom brought all sorts of fun projects for the girls, like Valentines, stickers, and beads for making bracelets. She also brought along her hair cutting stuff, for which Spencer's always grateful. This trip mom also gave Madi a haircut. It was the most extreme she's ever gotten - almost 4 inches off!
Then Thursday night dad came with all the "real" projects. He brought his laser level for hanging pictures (and our mirror), their TV mount, and most importantly- my dresser that Grandpa Rudd made for me when I was a kid. The girls have been super excited about getting this dresser - it was the first thing Elle asked about when we picked mom up from the airport: "Hi Gram! Did you bring me a dresser?!" So Friday morning, after a walk and trip to the park, mom immediately got started on finishing painting the dresser (she'd sanded it and painted the base at home but hadn't been able to finish the drawers). We decided on going all white instead of the purple that it was, or the rainbow colors that I grew up with it being. I'm very happy with how it looks in their room!

Thanks mom and dad for fixing it up for us and bringing it down here, and BIG thanks to Grandpa Rudd for making it for me all those many years ago! We were actually able to skype Grandpa and Grandma on Sunday to thank them in person! What a treat!

Spencer only worked a half day on Friday so he was able to come hang out and join in on all the fun. And I was just loving all the stuff getting done- things I've been wanting to do for the past month! Our old 27 inch TV is now mounted in the upper corner of our master bedroom, most of our pictures are hung, our big mirror is up, and our house is finally feeling like home! I love it! After a full day of projects we planned Saturday as our day of play. We finished up some last minute projects in the morning and then headed off for the beach at noon. It wasn't as warm as I would have liked. I was actually super bummed because the day mom and dad were originally supposed to come with Karlee and Jeremy (Dec 28th) it was sunny and 72 degrees and I actually had taken the girls to the beach in swimsuits. But this Saturday was overcast and probably 62 degrees. We still had a good time though. The waves were incredible and it was relaxing just watching the ocean and hearing the waves crash onto the shore.


The girls had a blast searching for shells, building sand castles with Papa, running from the waves, and watching Papa get soaked. Good times!






After playing on the beach we headed over to the Channel Islands museum which was awesome- definitely a highlight for the girls. Then we went to Andria's and met up with Spencer's parents for dinner. What a treat for the girls to have both sets of grandparents at one time!

We were sad to have Gram leave, but it fun having Papa stay and play on Sunday. Papa joined the girls for a Book of Mormon movie before leaving for church at 8:45am. Then after church they were able to fit in lots of game playing.
Thanks Papa and Gram for the fun visit!!


2 comments:
What a fun weekend! We had such a good time. It is so nice having you close enough for weekend visits again. XOXO PAPA
Fun times....and WOW that dresser looks awesome!! I realized that I didn't get to see it with the drawers in before I left.
Thanks for the great time and all the fun, food and great conversation.
And this is MOM on Tisha's account! xoxox
Post a Comment