Monday, May 28, 2012

Potty TRAINED!!

I totally wasn't planning on doing it. I figured I'd start closer to her 3rd birthday (once Calvin was sleeping better and more predictable during the day), but one day Elle was ready. She was in her car seat whining about her diaper bugging her so I just took it off. When we got home I told her to go put panties on (she'd gotten some for Christmas) and not to pee in them. About an hour later she went pee in the potty. I made a big deal about it (because before now she'd always decline my "use the potty" offers), made her a potty chart, let her put her first sticker on it, and then rewarded her with an m&m.

I still wasn't sold on the idea of dealing with potty training, so the next day I let her wear a pull-up. She peed in two of them that afternoon- I quickly learned pull-ups weren't the solution. So we went ahead and put panties on. Later that afternoon she used the potty! I'd put a diaper on each night before bed, fully expecting her to revert back. But when she woke up with a dry diaper on day 4 I knew Elle meant business! By day 6, Elle was using the potty completely on her own. She even went in by herself and did poops!! Awesome! We celebrated and she earned a sucker!
Elle's "poop face"!! Love the double chin and curled toes!
This past Friday (5/25) was one week since she first used the potty and there's no going back now! She'd had several nights of waking up dry, so Saturday night we agreed to let her sleep in panties. I honestly thought there was no way Elle would be as easy to potty train as Madi was, but it actually felt easier (probably cause I made such a big deal about it with Madi). So glad I waited till she was good and ready (only 2 months away from turning 3)!

Yesterday Elle was super excited about going to church. For some reason she figured that being potty trained meant she got to go to primary with Madi instead of nursery. She was bummed when she learned otherwise. But she did have fun telling her teacher about the"tangled panties" she was wearing! Something about being potty trained makes my baby girl seem like such a big girl! Way to go Elle!  

7 comments:

barnhurst said...

YEAH! Way to go Elle! That is awesome. Abby would love to run around in her undies with you!!!
So glad you have one child in diapers now Anie!

Jocelyn said...

Yeah for Elle! That poop face is hilarious!!

Tisha said...

YAY!! I'm seriously so excited for you! You deserve to have 2 in a row easy (now start sending me those easy potty vibes for Sam! :-) elle will kill you in the future for the poop face pic! you may want to consider leaving it out of the family blogbook :-)

Terry Family said...

Way to go Elle!

martyrudd said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE POOP FACE!!!!!!!!! XOXOXGRAM

JoSue said...

Yay for potty training!!! You have given me so much hope. Mostly what I learned is that you just let them tell you when they're ready. I'm just so impressed with her smooth transition and of course her poop face is hilarious!

I agree with Tish...send the good potty training vibes our way!!

Papa said...

Way to go El-Belle! I love the Poop Face! Anie, don't listen to Tish, she knows we still have the picture of her on the pot covered in toilet paper! I still love that picture! Daddy