Wednesday, June 27, 2012

3 months old

It's amazing what a couple weeks does in the life of a baby. Cal had several weeks of super fussiness- it was exhausting to constantly be holding/bouncing/rocking him. I could never just put him in his seat and have him chill. No, Cal always had to be moving. But then the week after he turned 2 months old things finally started getting better. Around 9 weeks he was on a great sleep schedule- bed at 7pm, eat at 2am, then up 7:30am! I was loving it! But of course it only lasted a week or so! This stage is hard just for the fact that they're always changing- Cal doesn't have a set nap schedule yet and his bedtime is anywhere from 6-7:30pm. Having tons of family in town this past week hasn't helped with getting Cal on a better schedule either. He's been spoiled rotten with being held ALL the time and rocked to sleep.

His current (unpredictable) schedule seems to follow a one hour awake, one hour asleep pattern. Cal still seems to always be sleepy. He falls asleep anytime we drive somewhere (but then wakes up when we're not moving) even if he's just woken up from a nap. I'm excited for things to slow down this next week so that I can stay home and watch his patterns more closely.
He was in the swing the other day, clutching his binky with a look of "don't you dare take it away!" Got a good laugh and of course snapped a picture.
When Cal's awake he's very alert. He's super sociable and smiles at almost everyone who looks him in the eyes and gives him a big smile. He's very responsive- I love the "conversations" we have. I ask him questions and he coos back at me. Somedays I can just tell that he wants to talk so I say
"tell me" and he'll sit and make all sorts of cute cooing/ gurgling/ grunting noises. And he's got one awesome growl! It's funny how much easier a baby seems in comparison to a sassy 5 year old who wants to argue with me about everything. I've found myself loving every minute I get to spend with Calvin.

He's growing and changing way too fast though! I was sad to have to pack up all his 0-3 month clothes at the beginning of the month (he's now in 6 month stuff). I've very aware at just how fast times flies and I want to make sure I get to enjoy every second of his cuteness at this stage.

Bath time is Calvin's absolute favorite time of the time. He'll sit and chill in the bath for the longest time.  But lately he's gotten to be quite the splasher!

Please excuse all the bath pictures. There were too many cute ones so I'm just gonna have an entire page in my blog book with bath pictures.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Glad I went back a page on your blog or else I would have missed all these adorable pictures! Love his huge grin in that last picture!