Friday, June 1, 2012

Crazy Day!

Madi came home from preschool yesterday informing me that tomorrow was "Crazy Day" at school, so she'd need to do something crazy- like wear weird things, have one pant leg up and one down, have her shirt backwards, or something like that. She reminded me about this several times before bed. At 9pm Madi was still awake in bed. I very sternly told her that she needed to close her eyes and get to sleep. Madi reminded me one more time about "crazy day", telling me to go write it down so we wouldn't forget. This morning I'd totally forgotten until I told the girls to go get dressed. I heard Madi thinking aloud in front of her closet about what she could wear. I came in and tried suggesting a few things (knowing that we were headed out the door to Costco and I didn't want her looking too crazy). I had to laugh when Madi came out dressed in something not so crazy! 


But her explanation of the outfit is what killed me: a Halloween shirt when it's not Halloween = crazy! Pink shorts that didn't match the shirt = more crazy. But it was the blue shoes she thought was the most crazy, cause it didn't match at all! She was also wearing a colorful sweater jacket at the time (which was later removed due to the warm afternoon) = totally crazy (cause who wears a sweater with shorts :)! Then I threw her hair up in 6 pony tails to add some more silliness to her so called crazy outfit!


But the best part was when I got to preschool. . .
Me to teacher: "So it's crazy day today huh?!!"
Teacher: "Ya, we don't really do it- it's just for the elementary kids."

I didn't want Madi to be disappointed, so I quickly showed Ms. Michele how crazy awesome Madi looked with her 6 pony tails and mismatched clothes! I guess since the preschool is connected to the Elementary school, Madi heard the announcement of "Crazy Day" over the intercom, asked a couple questions as to what that meant, assumed it pertained to her, and acted accordingly! Love it!

SO proud of my little girl who as a preschooler already shows her school spirit!!!

3 comments:

JoSue said...

haha! Madi is hilarious with all her craziness!! So cute to see her get excited about themed days at school. Just wait until pajama day...she's going to love that! :) That was always my favorite. For our next family reunion we'll have to do a crazy hair day or something fun like that.

Love how she is so proud. Thanks for sharing. Love you guys! xoxo

Tisha said...

that is seriously so funny! I can totally see madi's personality in all of it, and LOVED the last comment- totally school spirit like her mom! :-) future SB pres. :-) love madi- tell her with think she is totally crazy!

martyrudd said...

Awe...way to go Madi on the school spirit!! Your Aunt Karlee would be soooo proud!! xoxox