Then this weekend was packed full! We had a visit from Uncle Curteis (Thursday and Friday night)! It was Cal's first time meeting Curteis and the girls were over the moon with excitement to see him! Curt taught Madi some cords on her guitar, watched Elle do tricks on her trampoline, and checked out all the "special things" they'd been dying to show him.
Friday night I left Spence and Curt in charge of the kids and took off for a General Primary Training with the General Primary President, Sister Wixom. My presidency actually got an invitation to take part in a small focus group meeting before the training. It was awesome and such a treat. I love meeting the leaders of our church and feeling of their spirit and love for all of us. She even invited me to join her at the pulpit and share my experience of ward council. She's an awesome lady - one of those kind of people that make you want to be better.
Saturday morning we said good-bye to Uncle Curties. The kids armed him full with pictures and drawings to take back for their cousins:
Saturday night Madi got to perform at a dinner/dance/auction fundraiser for her school, held at the Las Posas Country Club. I'm always so amazed that Madi never gets nervous to perform. This was a huge group of people and she couldn't have been more excited. She picked the songs (Star Spangled Banner, Do Re Mi, and The World is a Rainbow), practiced on her own during the week, then walked onto the stage Saturday night and did her thing! Incredible!!
Tonight we ate dinner at Spencer's parents. We so appreciate their invitations, especially on super busy Sundays like today- I was basically at church from 10am - 5pm (with an hour break to run home, get the girls ready, feed our out-of-town neighbors fish and cat, grab stuff for my after church teacher training meeting, load up the car, and get back to church). Plus it's a real treat to see pictures like this one - Cal snuggling with Boppi. Such a sweet picture and I'm totally dying over how big he looks!!
It's also nice to eat dinner and let someone else deal with Cal's recent pickiness and fussiness. Grandpa Al always seems to have the touch.
I do wish time could slow down a little! This weekend was a busy one, but our upcoming week is even busier! Monday night is my only free night of the week! And for a homebody like myself, it's not something I look forward to.








1 comment:
Such cute pictures! Makes me miss your kids and family! Love you, cuz!
Post a Comment