Sunday, October 27, 2013

19 months

Today was a big day for Calvin! Not only is he 19 months old today, but he also stayed in nursery for the full two hours without Spencer! A huge breakthrough! Spence definitely enjoyed it WAY more than Cal did, but thankfully Cal only cried for 20 minutes. I was all the way down the hall in the chapel practicing for our primary program, so I missed all the hysterics. One of the nursery leaders came and got a binky for him, but that's about it for my involvement with Cal being in nursery. I'm glad that Spencer can finally enjoy Sundays again.
Aside from not liking being left with strangers, Cal has been so much fun this month. He's talking like crazy, which is always exciting. He'll say anything we tell him to say but now says it clearly. Since early this month, he's be saying at least one new word everyday.

New words this month: animal, tomato, meat, stuck, binky, please, no more, all done, water, elephant, moon, yuck, work, walk, sister (I'm sure there's more, these are just all I wrote down).

He mostly just says words, doesn't really speak in clear sentences yet, but I will be able to pick out things like, "you read me a book?"

He loves watching "Letter Factory" every morning and as a result knows all of the letter sounds and can identify the letter name for O, K, M, U, B, W, S, Y, L, X and Z.

I love going through his letters and quizzing him. He gets all serious and says them so clearly. Except instead of W he just says "double".
Elle has fun quizzing Cal in the bath!

Cal's such a sweet little boy, He gives "hugs" on request by laying his head on the person's shoulder. I was dying during our Costco trip on Friday. He was being so sweet with Elle and kept snuggling up to her. I'd tell him to give her a hug and he'd lay his head on her shoulder while they sat side by side in the cart. I feel spoiled getting to hang out with him everyday.
He can definitely give me a run for my money though, and sure knows how to tire me out - like how he arches his back when I'm trying to put him in his car seat when he's not ready to get in, or when he digs through my diaper bag and pulls everything out looking for gum! Then he eats piece by piece, wrapper and all!
But oh how I loving having a boy!! I love watching Cal drive his trucks up and down our driveway. I love how he likes to hold his cars in the stroller or car seat. I love his expression anytime he hears a train in the distance. I love how he runs through the house with his football, throws it down, and put his hands up in the air for a touchdown! I love all the boy stuff which is so new for me.
But it is pretty funny when he puts on the Cinderella shoes and marches through the house pushing the shopping cart or shaking maracas! Such a crack up!
One of my favorite things I've discovered about little boys is that their mama can always make it all better. And that holds true for Cal - I'm usually the only one he wants when he's sad. Makes my day every time!

No comments: