Height: 34 inches (95th%)
Weight: 27 pounds 12 ounces (90th%)
Head: 49 1/2 in. (90th%)
"go bye bye"
"get out" (when he wants out of his high chair)
"Where is it?"
"Where _____ go?" (usually filled in with mama or daddy)
"What you doing?"
"I don't know" (which sounds more like "I no know").
I love his newfound desire to communicate with us!
He also loves copying his sisters. When I ask the girls, "Who wants ________?" Cal will now be the first to answer "MEEEE" just to beat them to the punch line!
I've also noticed how he watches them very carefully and then does the stuff that they do. For instance, last year Madi started the whole "kissing hand" thing when we'd say goodbye to her at school or when Spencer would leave for work. Elle followed suit, and now Calvin will come running with his hand in the air for a kiss, anytime any of us are leaving, saying good night, good bye, etc. It's adorable!
Always being silly!
Cal's been super sweet lately and very obedient. Just the other day he grabbed something he wasn't supposed to have and took off running in the other direction. I immediately said, "Calvin, bring it back to mama please!" And not kidding you, he stopped mid run, turned around, and brought it right back to me! I was impressed! He's really good about giving things back when people ask for them. I'm trying to teach the girls that they just have to ask, instead of throwing a royal fit when he takes off with their stuff.
He's a lot like Madi was as this age. He's very teachable. We're currently working on letters - "S" is his favorite. He's obsessed with watching Letter Factory in the morning with Elle.
Calvin seems like such a big boy lately!
He plays super well by himself, which I believe he's learning from Elle, who gets lost in her dollhouse and/or barbie play, so he'll wander off to his room where I find him reading books on his chair, or playing with his leap frog letters, or cars, or animals, etc. I love it!
He loves playing chase and wrestling with his dad.
We celebrated Cal's half birthday with a trip to Boppi's work to wish her a happy birthday! He was a pill though and didn't want to be held or smile for any pictures. That's definitely been the biggest frustration of this current stage- his only wanting to be with mom or dad, and not warming up quickly to others.
Cal's such a lovable little guy though and I want others to able to experience his sweet personality. His big hugs are the best! Especially when he pulls on my shirt or leg, calling, "mom" just to get me to pick him up and give him a squeeze! I love how he'll put his head on my shoulder when he's tired, how he'll listen intently to story after story at bedtime while rocking on my or Spencer's lap, how he still calls fish "babies", how he folds his arms on demand for family prayers, how he looks up and says, "nummy" when he's eating something he likes, how he'll put his finger to his lips, say, "shhhh" and then tell us to be quiet ("kiet"), and how he's always watching us and learning. Sure love our little man who melts my heart everyday!





No comments:
Post a Comment