Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentines Day

With all the valentine making, card mailing, and school party prep the first 2 weeks of the month, by the time Valentine's Day rolled around I was all Valentined out! Elle had her school party on Wednesday the 12th (cause her teacher was going to be out the 13th and didn't want to miss the party). It was a good one! I loved that Madi, Cal, and I got to be there for it!

Madi had her class party at the end of the day on Thursday the 13th because there wasn't school on Friday (bummed I never got a picture of her with her treat box after school).

It was nice to have the actual Valentine's Day off of school and get to stay home and relax. I let the kids open valentine cards after breakfast (mail had come from the Rudd cousins and Gram Rox that I'd saved) which they absolutely loved. 
Then we took off at 11am to spend the afternoon at the beach with friends!

Madi found a heart shaped rock that she thought was pretty cool with it being Valentines Day and all. Then I put the rock in a "safe place" but forgot all about it once it was time to head home - so glad we got the picture for documentation.
 So happy for my iphone to help document all the sweet memories I never want to forget!
 Little better of a picture when I let someone else take it, instead of trying to do it myself! :)
 Why Madi wasn't in the picture with us - she was too busy making herself into a mermaid!
Calvin was one happy little boy all afternoon (amazing for only getting a 20 minute nap on the drive over). He's finally grown to love the beach!
Such a fun afternoon!!

After picking up a pizza and dropping off Cassidy (who we'd brought along with us), it was 5pm by the time we got home. The kids all got into the tub to rinse off while I got dinner ready. I kinda felt like a lame mom for not doing something cute and clever for Valentine's Day dinner, but I was seriously exhausted (from a week of being a single mom, Valentines stuff everyday, and then a full afternoon of sun) and not in the mood to create more work for myself.  Spencer got home at 6pm, was able to eat, talk to us for a few minutes, and then had to get right back to work documenting the witness's testimonies from that day in court (Spencer's in the middle of a big trial right now and we haven't seen much of him).

Kids were in bed by 7pm and I was in bed by 8:30. Luckily Spencer was able to take a little break and join me before I fell asleep. Laying in bed at the end of the day and just talking about everything is my favorite. It was a great end to our 'not really celebrated' Valentines' Day! 

1 comment:

Sydney's Blog said...

Such a cute post thanks for sharing!! It was nice to talk to you last Sunday! have you read my new post yet?