Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

We hiked Sycamore Canyon with the Hays family in the morning.
It's a mile up and I fully expected to have a bunch of whiners, but I was pleasantly surprised!! 
They were great hikers! Notice the rope tied around Madi's waist - the girls used it to hold onto while climbing the steep parts.
Even Cal got out and hiked half the way up!
Talk about the "lone and dreary wilderness" . . . I hadn't been up there since the fires a year or so ago. It definitely wasn't the prettiest of hikes I've ever been on, but it sure had a lot of great rocks . . .
At the top!
Our view . . .
After some snacks and pictures we headed back down.
Then we headed home to clean up and take naps before joining Boppi and Grandpa Al for dinner!
We ended the night with Boppi's homemade waffle cones!! Mmmmm. . . . 

No comments: