Friday, November 18, 2016

2016 Primary Program

Sunday was our annual primary program! It was my 4th year writing the program and boy does it feel good to have it done! This program consumed most of my free time for the past 3 months! It's always a super stressful time for me. but it always works out perfectly. This year things just weren't coming together, but then I made one change on the song the kids were going to walk in singing. As soon as I did that, everything seemed to fall into place. Talks that kids had given back at the beginning of the year were popping into my mind and fitting perfectly into the flow of the program. It was a neat experience for me.

The kids all did a fabulous job on their parts - probably 95% of the primary kids have their parts memorized. This year Madi spoke in the section before singing "Heavenly Father's plan".
She said, "I like to plan out my day. Every night my mom writes our schedule for the next day on our white board at home. I love knowing what's going on each day - where I needs to be and what activities I need to attend. Just like my mom has a plan for our family, I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us. We can find Heaven;y Father's plan for us in the scriptures. I know the scriptures are true!"

Calvin spoke in the same section as Madi and said, "Families are important to our Heavenly Father's plan. I love my family!"

Elle spoke right before singing, "My Body is a Temple"
She said, "I take care of my body because it is the temple of my spirit. I can take care of my body by eating fruit and vegetables and by exercising. I can keep my body clean outside by brushing my teeth and taking a bath. I can keep my mind clean inside by watching good movies and reading my scriptures."


No comments: